[Bounty] SM-N975U1 Note 10+ (USA unlocked version) bootloader unlock and root method

Search This thread

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
It's been almost ten months since the note 10+ came out, and a bootloader unlock method has not been achieved, if you really desired/needed root for your device, then choosing the snapdragon variant was a clear mistake, better consider an exynos version one, or another different device altogether, offering 4k US dollars did not look like a serious offering considering that any device does not cost that ammount of money

Last edited:

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
no. i just bought note 10 plus 5g.
want a root immediately.

For that same money you can go buy one that can be unlocked and a nice laptop and the latest greatest console from both Sony and MS and a bunch of video games and a nice set of headphones thereby scoring some serious gadget/tech overload; that being true doesn't it seem to you like maybe a 4k pledge is not the smartest way to drop your ching?

Reactions: winol

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
It's been almost ten months since the note 10+ came out, and a bootloader unlock method has not been achieved, if you really desired/needed root for your device, then choosing the snapdragon variant was a clear mistake, better consider an exynos version one, or another different device altogether, offering 4k US dollars did not look like a serious offering considering that any device does not cost that ammount of money

theres unlockable snap variants.. just not usa models.. plus exynos sucks

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
theres unlockable snap variants.. just not usa models.. plus exynos sucks
That there are unlockable versions of snap devices, it is not the point here, of course there are such variants, and if exynos version sucks or not, is of no interest either, at least in this thread, my coment was about the insanity of offering 4,000.00 dlls, which, as anybody can see, is plain ridiculous

Reactions: 117micc

117micc

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on our change petition. We hit a new milestone, 725 signatures!!! I do my best to donate for it to be shared more throughout the site and get in front of as many eyes as possible. But all I'm asking for everyone here to do are 2 things and they don't cost a penny!

If you haven't yet, please sign the petition. You may not think it's going to do anything, but it does, at the very least it gives us hope! The more people that sign, the bigger in popularity this petition gets, and if enough people show interest, Samsung will have no choice, but to respond to it. And honestly if that happens I can almost guarantee, that we have made such a good argument, they will have no choice but to add back the oem unlock option in the developer settings.

Now I did say 2 things would be so greatly appreciated, if you have signed it or have just signed it today, I ask you all just to share it again on your social media platforms you use. What I, myself, have noticed personally is when I intermittently share this on my social media, every couple of weeks, I end up getting a few more signatures!!! Which, if everything worked out perfectly, would result in more sharing, then more signatures, and so on.

I would really like to hit 1000 signatures before July, that's 18 days away. I know we can do this, if we all just come together and get this out there. So, if you've forgotten already (lol) I'll list the steps below:

Step 1 - Sign the petition

Step 2 - Share the petition on all your social media platforms you use

And if your feeling motivated and inspired you can do step 3

Step 3 - Share the petition once every 3 weeks to 1 month

I also want to give everyone here that has participated, whether your just reading to stay informed, you've signed, you've shared, you've pledged, everyone, THANK YOU SO MUCH! If it wasn't for all of you, this thread would have gone absolutely nowhere, incredibly fast! This isn't just my fight, this is everyone's battle and you all are giving it your absolute best. I am beyond impressed with the level of interest, determination and most importantly the HOPE we all share that we can do this!

We can seriously make a difference, but it's going to take ALL of us! I know we can do, I have the utmost faith that everyone part of this thread can do their part, and push out to everyone, even people you may think don't care, because you never know.

Again thanks everyone for helping us get to 725 signatures, you are all amazing people!

And lastly, don't forget to

Sign - Share - and share at least 1 time a month if you can!

Screenshot_20200612-001019_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
How is Google pay anymore convenient?
By far. At stores it is one fingerprint touch on lock screen and done. Quick and simple, yet secure. I got a Samsung watch S3 and it was a nightmare with the pin in such a small screen. The app on the phone require unlock of the phone, then swipe the menu out from the below of the phone, then amount or another finger print. Since I use AmEx it is so much easier with Google pay.. just had Samsung pay removed ( no cards associated) and Google pay as default. I love it !

Feb 3, 2019
By far. At stores it is one fingerprint touch on lock screen and done. Quick and simple, yet secure. I got a Samsung watch S3 and it was a nightmare with the pin in such a small screen. The app on the phone require unlock of the phone, then swipe the menu out from the below of the phone, then amount or another finger print. Since I use AmEx it is so much easier with Google pay.. just had Samsung pay removed ( no cards associated) and Google pay as default. I love it !
Which phone are you using? on a Samsung device you can't switch the default I don't believe

krabman

Sep 22, 2008
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on our change petition. We hit a new milestone, 725 signatures!!

I hate to say this but 725 signatures is nothing to Samsung: They use words like, "millions" "billions" and they use them a lot. Nothing any of us can do can equal the money that comes from various pay schemes. We cant even reach a place that's close enough to throw a rock at a telescope that can look far enough to see to the end of the pile of money these pay systems are generating. As long as a relatively small fraction of banks want to block root the OEM handset manufacturers will too because they get a cut of every transaction occurring on their phone.

I'm going to wander over and have a look at the petition and sign it if it doesn't require egregious quantities of personal information because I'm on your side but you're not going to get action with Samsung. If the locked bootloader is ever defeated it will be by the leak of an engineering firmware, the efforts of someone here, that sort of thing. I sincerely applaud your efforts in any event and hope to be wrong. If you should happen to succeed I'll still be around and take my lumps with as much grace as an old man can muster.

knownchild

Dec 7, 2007
I found this on the internet
androidbiits(dot)com/root-samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-sm-n975u-sm-n975u1-easily/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to start a Bounty for a root method in the SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Bounty will be awarded to the first CONFIRMED successful method to unlock the bootloader and root SM-N975U1 unlocked US model of the Now 10+.

Xda rules state: No money can be collected or pooled on XDA, Bounties are PLEDGES ONLY. Thanks for understanding

Just say how much you'd be willing to put in and I'll update this post with your info including donation amount weekly.

Current Bounty:

117micc ------------------- $100

Learning0876 ------------- $300

Oneandroidnut ----------- $100

1404zone ----------------- $100

Jason123420 -------------- $200

Geekser ------------------- $300

Kapoowe ------------------- $30

maddman2k1 ------------- $500

Mike02z ------------------- $25

Firebrain ----------------- $2000

Horologist ---------------- $700

unimatrix ------------------ $20

HarroldC ------------------ $100

RomLord14495 ------------ $50

zack61797 ------------------ $40

Paddington1982 ----------- $35*

aj_vogtman ---------------- $100

Bot42 --------------------------- $50

ackaite --------------------- $100

Lovemytab ----------------- $25

Grand Total --------------- $4875

****** UPDATE ******
    PETITION TO SAMSUNG!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ bootloader unlock petition

Please copy and share this petition on all your social media accounts!
    Well, I think most people would want to keep Samsung pay, Knox, etc. Rooting is just not worth it for a Samsung flagship nowdays.

Guess I'm not most people....
    SM-N9750/ds rooted/bootloader unlocked...
    Don't use sam pay...if i really wanted to or needed to my galaxy watch will do it. Love some Viper audio, built in spam calling protection, Call rec etc. Its my phone...i require su permissions to really believe that.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Hey everyone,

I think I've mentioned this before, but can we all please be respectful and kind to one another. Regardless of who said what, when, to who, let's stay courteous to others and try to stay on topic. I understand this thread had been around for months, without any real relevant updates, but honestly it covers with the territory.

We are all crossing our fingers and hoping for the same thing, arguing, being disrespectful, or condescending to one another is not going to make an exploit for this device happen any faster. Let's all stay professional and proper please. Thank you so much!

no negativity. but this thread will be nothing but hopes and dreams
    Well if people know anyone on here we can get a team and unlock the bootloader/root I've been trying to find possible "bugs" but nothing at all its extremely hard because older tricks that people used are patched and I'm still running 9.0 on my note 10 and still nothing.... I dont want to update to 10.0 till people find a root method but its extremely hard now a days but with a team I feel like it could be done

i been (what seems like) working alone for months n months now.. nit one person has messaged me or even indicated they were also trying lol

im making headway on n960u today.. i can now write to system vendor and odm partitions on combo using my already posted n9 combo root and an olllld trick im surprised even works lol