FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

is it just me or is the display pretty disappointing

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 179

Post Reply Email Thread
i don't know why i seem to be the only one, i always wanted a note because it's been praised as the best display of all time i finally got a note 10+ and the display disappoints me to no end, first off the colors are dull, my xperia xz1 on super vivid mode has more vibrant colors, second off the brightness it's not amazing if i compare my note 10+ to my huawei mate 10 pro the huawei appears more vibrant and bright, the huawei is running a custom rom, my note 10 + has custom white balance settings with green and red turned down to 0 and it's still too yellow for my taste the screen mode is itensive and yes bluelight filter is off, when i use the note 10+ on it's own i get used too it and i see no issues with the display but then i start up my mate 10 pro and get a much whiter better white and overall brighter image, my note 10+ is set to +10 brightness and high performance mode all auto brightness off and max brightness, white still appears dull colors appear dull, why am i the only one who feels this way?
26th September 2019, 07:21 PM |#2  
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Was gonna ask if your blue light filter thing was on. The white seers into my brain unless I have the filter on. This seems to be the best display I've ever used. And you're saying other phones are brighter? I haven't found a single phone brighter than this one. Maybe a defective screen?
26th September 2019, 07:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly968

Was gonna ask if your blue light filter thing was on. The white seers into my brain unless I have the filter on. This seems to be the best display I've ever used. And you're saying other phones are brighter? I haven't found a single phone brighter than this one. Maybe a defective screen?

i had the display swapped after the frame cracked the last display it had was the same and yes bluelight filter is off adaptive brightness is off i always make sure all of it is off from what i can tell i am not alone with this it seems the exynos model is overall more yellow than snapdragon
26th September 2019, 07:53 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
edit accidental doublepost
26th September 2019, 07:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly968

which white looks best to you in your honest opinion? the note 10 is as mentioned on the highest brightness possible with intensive mode turned on with the coldest possible setting and high performance mode with brightness 10+ adaptive brightness off blue light filter off brightness slider max

https://twitter.com/ZZCOOL/status/11...740924417?s=20
26th September 2019, 09:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Not every note is that yellowish u have to win the Display lottery
26th September 2019, 11:29 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I changed the Screen mode from Natural to Vibrant and the colors are a lot brighter and vibrant.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xMSxPHANTASYx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xMSxPHANTASYx Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 11:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzcool

i don't know why i seem to be the only one, i always wanted a note because it's been praised as the best display of all time i finally got a note 10+ and the display disappoints me to no end, first off the colors are dull, my xperia xz1 on super vivid mode has more vibrant colors, second off the brightness it's not amazing if i compare my note 10+ to my huawei mate 10 pro the huawei appears more vibrant and bright, the huawei is running a custom rom, my note 10 + has custom white balance settings with green and red turned down to 0 and it's still too yellow for my taste the screen mode is itensive and yes bluelight filter is off, when i use the note 10+ on it's own i get used too it and i see no issues with the display but then i start up my mate 10 pro and get a much whiter better white and overall brighter image, my note 10+ is set to +10 brightness and high performance mode all auto brightness off and max brightness, white still appears dull colors appear dull, why am i the only one who feels this way?

Did you go into display and change it to the max resolution?
27th September 2019, 03:17 AM |#9  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzcool

You must have a dud. the screen on my Exynos N10+ is freaking amazing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheetah2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheetah2k Ad-Free
27th September 2019, 04:34 AM |#10  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
As zzcool said, my screen is absolutely gorgeous, now I see netflix in its full splendor, but you have to tweak the display settings to suit your taste
27th September 2019, 06:16 AM |#11  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 939

More
The display is what everyone who see's my Note 10+ mentions first. They are amazed at how good it is...
Maybe a side to side comparison to another phone might show it up but everyone who's seen it goes gaga over it...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)