Post Reply Email Thread
Friends now you can lock bands and enjoy speeds. Watch this
https://youtu.be/K-DN0q64lRw
24th March 2020, 11:56 PM |#2  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
So, you lock to that b40 lte band, but, if it is faster or whatever, why it is not the default one? More to it, I thought that the device chose the best band among the ones available, so, why would locking on just this one is really beneficial? Please elaborate
25th March 2020, 04:02 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

So, you lock to that b40 lte band, but, if it is faster or whatever, why it is not the default one? More to it, I thought that the device chose the best band among the ones available, so, why would locking on just this one is really beneficial? Please elaborate

because most of the time a particular band is overloaded and other band is free and if we lock to a particular band it will result in good internet speeds and coverage also. Also some people want to disable carrier aggregation as it eats lots of battery so band locking will help
25th March 2020, 12:12 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
and it works on Qualcomm Snapdragon also
25th March 2020, 01:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Doesn't this mean you'd have to remember the unlock the band again if moving away from the cellular tower in case the next one doesn't support it, then re locking?, Seems only useful for when sat at home stationary where WiFi is available anyway?, Good find, but seems a little pointless imo!
25th March 2020, 01:21 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Doesn't this mean you'd have to remember the unlock the band again if moving away from the cellular tower in case the next one doesn't support it, then re locking?, Seems only useful for when sat at home stationary where WiFi is available anyway?, Good find, but seems a little pointless imo!

Well it is very helpful in India and yes during roaming locking band on the band having long range like preferring band 3 over 40 is useful
25th March 2020, 02:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Awesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
band, exynos, lock, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)