FORUMS

Galaxy Note 10+ Low Light Update Needed?

1,128 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By TheInfiniteAndroid, Senior Member on 20th March 2020, 10:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently watched a video from Max Tech, it was a blind camera review between the S20 Ultra, S20+ & Note 10+...

Link to video
The Note 10+ dominates for a lot of the video but around the 13:20 mark on the video, Max says the Note 10+ fell apart during the low light test because of the camera software not hardware he notes that the Note 10+ could only do 5 second exposure time on the latest update as opposed to the 20+ second exposure time of the S20+ & S20 Ultra & that Samsung could actually fix this in a update.

So why did I make this thread? To complain? No.

I made this thread because I'm curious what you guys think, do you think Samsung will provide us with such a update?, I'm not even sure if they're aware of this issue that's holding the Note 10+ back, but anyway let me know what you guys think, maybe if this gets enough attention and under the assumption Samsung are unaware, we can shed some light on it, in hope of a update/fix!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
20th March 2020, 11:16 PM |#2  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Impressed that that N10+ held its own there. A software update would be great. Wonder how those same situations would compare using the PixelCam apk. Ty for highlighting this video. Still extremely happy with my N10+.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moralesd66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moralesd66 Ad-Free
21st March 2020, 09:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Agree, after update to Android 10 photo are more grainy. They decrease quality because of S20 premiere.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N975F przy użyciu Tapatalka
21st March 2020, 10:30 PM |#4  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 599

Donate to Me
More
I have not jumped to android 10 just because I have seen lots of things like this, I bought my note 10+ because it is really great as it is, running pie, I think I will stay on pie, I have a note 8 that is running on Nougatt, and works really fine
22nd March 2020, 12:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoreK89

Agree, after update to Android 10 photo are more grainy. They decrease quality because of S20 premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

I have not jumped to android 10 just because I have seen lots of things like this, I bought my note 10+ because it is really great as it is, running pie, I think I will stay on pie, I have a note 8 that is running on Nougatt, and works really fine

I don't think it's a Android 10 issue specifically regarding low light, the exposure time being 5 seconds is also prevelant in Android 9 (I've read), it's something Samsung need to newly introduce, extending it, in a future update as far as I'm aware
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 11:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Also better iso and long exposure. Android 9 had limited iso to 800 and long exposure to 5s. Android 10 3200 max iso and 30 s long exposure. For night landscape with milky way stars or moon this is a huge difference. I stayed on android 9 until last week aswell and i tell you that in camera and battery android 10 is better. Beware i f you update ti backup. I update my phone without backup and loose my calendar some contacts and some movie in secure folder

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
26th March 2020, 12:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smentoma

Also better iso and long exposure. Android 9 had limited iso to 800 and long exposure to 5s. Android 10 3200 max iso and 30 s long exposure. For night landscape with milky way stars or moon this is a huge difference. I stayed on android 9 until last week aswell and i tell you that in camera and battery android 10 is better. Beware i f you update ti backup. I update my phone without backup and loose my calendar some contacts and some movie in secure folder

How are you getting 30 seconds exposure on Android 10, I'm on Android 10 also and it's still only 5 seconds, same as the video I provided, that's why I made the thread as it seems it's capped even on Android 10?

Edit: Is it with the new OneUI 2.1 update?
28th March 2020, 04:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Once I have the OneUI 2.1 update, I'll be sure to update this thread for anyone interested
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInfiniteAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInfiniteAndroid Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 09:53 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by smentoma

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Vivo Xplay6
Snapdragon 820
IMX362
Camera Pro Mode
iso 3200 max
long exposure to 32s
Android 6.0
28th March 2020, 04:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Once I have the OneUI 2.1 update, I'll be sure to update this thread for anyone interested

OneUI 2.1 enables 30second exposure and iso 3200

Just tested on my n975f
28th March 2020, 04:25 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1337

OneUI 2.1 enables 30second exposure and iso 3200

Just tested on my n975f

Thank you for confirming, if possible can you post screenshots/screen recording?, I'd really appreciate it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)