FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

N976V Early Access Retail Firmware Link Here

2,686 posts
Thanks Meter: 830

By iBowToAndroid, Senior Member on 16th August 2019, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the Verizon Note 10+ 5G, for those who may not know.

Once the device is released, this will be available via SamFirm and other sources, so I'm really only providing this now as early access, for anyone that wants to dig in and play around and see what they can find, etc.

I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=297976
23rd September 2019, 10:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Are you aware if there any universal (unlocked) firmwares available for this model, or do you have any suggestions for adding Samsung Cloud that Verizon intentionally removed??
23rd September 2019, 05:14 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired4Fun

Are you aware if there any universal (unlocked) firmwares available for this model, or do you have any suggestions for adding Samsung Cloud that Verizon intentionally removed??

There will never be a U1 model, so no U1 firmwares. No idea on Samsung Cloud - maybe start a thread about it?
26th September 2019, 08:23 AM |#4  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wired4Fun

you can install cloud from the app store..

the device has two csc.. GCF and VZW.. however once unlocked any carrier should work minus the 5G stuff which im sure is vzw onky on this model.. i have used with sprint and tmo sims and they work..

besides the vzw bloat its just as good..
26th September 2019, 10:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliwigy

you can install cloud from the app store..

the device has two csc.. GCF and VZW.. however once unlocked any carrier should work minus the 5G stuff which im sure is vzw only on this model.. i have used with sprint and tmo sims and they work..

besides the vzw bloat its just as good..

Maybe you can answer my question: mine is a SM-976N korean model, everything works fine as it's factory unlocked even if KT branded, do you think the 5G stuffs may be available only with a KT SIM?
26th September 2019, 11:07 AM |#6  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8,319

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vysus

Maybe you can answer my question: mine is a SM-976N korean model, everything works fine as it's factory unlocked even if KT branded, do you think the 5G stuffs may be available only with a KT SIM?

i have no idea... im in usa and have the verizon model.. although they have 5g aroubd ne i havent gone out to fibd/try it yet even on my own device lol..

i want to say like anything else if the device and your carrier support the same 5g bands then i would assume it should work..

here in usa tho each carrier has their own bands and the devices only support the specific carriers 5g bands so far

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliwigy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2019, 08:04 PM |#7  
Flag NJ, USA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Any way to change the CSC without wiping data?
26th September 2019, 08:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlindemini

Any way to change the CSC without wiping data?

The CSC can't be changed on a N976V
26th September 2019, 09:51 PM |#9  
Flag NJ, USA

More
Updated, but wondering if it will prevent 5G access.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190926-164111.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	4828753  
The Following User Says Thank You to arlindemini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arlindemini Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 11:21 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlindemini

Updated, but wondering if it will prevent 5G access.

What's the point/purpose of changing it?
27th September 2019, 01:39 AM |#11  
Flag NJ, USA

More
Without being explicit, it allows you to run an app service with a GUDP plan that would otherwise be blocked Only concern is if it will prevent 5G access.. no change to APN and LTE seems to work fine but wasn't sure...
The Following User Says Thank You to arlindemini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arlindemini Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)