FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

note 10 plus 5G for tmobile

461 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By alher591, Senior Member on 26th August 2019, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone know if tmobile will get the 5g? I really see it as an upgrade from the note 9 if im getting 5G.

Or will the Verizon 5g model work with tmobile future 5G bands?

26th August 2019, 05:19 PM |#2  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,513

Donate to Me
More
I believe 5G models for the other carriers will trickle out later this year or early next year. By the time T-Mobile builds out their 5G network to the point I need a 5G phone, I'll be on the N11 or N12. I wouldn't worry about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Orange 645 Ad-Free
26th August 2019, 07:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
All the other big 3 carriers will get them. Verizon have a 3month exclusive on the 5G handset.
12th September 2019, 02:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Qualcom is working on newer 5G modem, due to come out in the next few months, maybe it will find it's way into non VZW Notes. Personally I don't care, I'm on 200Mbs Wifi most of the time, which is fast enough for everything I do and otherwise I usually get 50-100 Mbs LTE signal, which is fast enough even to stream 4k video. At least in my experience most of the time limiting factor in download speeds is originating server, not the network speed, so 5G may not make as much difference as some hope. Also, once the 5G networks get expanded and many people start using it, they better upgrade infrastructure beyond 5G network, like servers and interconnects, because any network is as fast as it's slowest part.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)