FORUMS

Note 10+ vs S20 Ultra 5G

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By dboyrusky01, Member on 28th January 2020, 03:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone thinking of switching? interested to read people's opinions on this. I'm very tempted because I get no service on Tmobile at work so hopefully 5g solves it..but I. I not convinced yet I guess il wait until presentation on Feb 11th.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
28th January 2020, 04:29 AM |#2  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboyrusky01

Anyone thinking of switching? interested to read people's opinions on this. I'm very tempted because I get no service on Tmobile at work so hopefully 5g solves it..but I. I not convinced yet I guess il wait until presentation on Feb 11th.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5G is still on hand 71 for T-mobile so if you have a Qualcomm US Note 10 plus and don't get service at work then 5G won't fix that issue yet.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 05:57 AM |#3  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I was thinking of switching but then I saw the price.
So far only talk of Ultra 5g, if there is a Ultra without 5g and a lower price I'll consider it but right now as much as I want the camera I can't justify it 6 months after buying the N10+.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to shaunydub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaunydub Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 07:28 AM |#4  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 62

More
If all the specs are true to current leaks then I will definitely upgrade from my Note 10+.I'm pretty stoked for a 16 gig 6.9 inch 120 hz. display and the 108mp. Camera combo.
28th January 2020, 03:35 PM |#5  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69

If all the specs are true to current leaks then I will definitely upgrade from my Note 10+.I'm pretty stoked for a 16 gig 6.9 inch 120 hz. display and the 108mp. Camera combo.

The only turn off is When enabling 120Hz, it will set the display resolution to FHD+ / 2400×1080. I might just wait until the new note since the utilize the spen alot
28th January 2020, 05:21 PM |#6  
Flag CT
Thanks Meter: 165

More
idk yet, I'm waiting for a definite info on the new 3D Max fp sensor if they'd add it to the S20 or not, that's the only thing I don't like on my N10+. Other things to consider is saying goodbye to the s pen which I like a lot.
As for 5G? - am ok with LTE for now since it'll take some time(years?) for 5G to get a full implementation everywhere, right now it's just a promise for which we have to pay extra 'up front'.

Another pressing question is about that 108 mp, specifically: how will the image processing handle all that load, I hope they will make people happy with the results.

So, if not the Ultra model, for the sake of saving some bucks, what's good the S20+ brings? Right, a new SoC, 120Mhz(most of us will probably switch back to 60) and better then N10+ cameras – is that enough to get rid of N10+ and additionally shed an extra $500 - $600 for the trade? Me thinks not.
For better pics I'd rather buy the new Sony A6100(~$600)
28th January 2020, 05:26 PM |#7  
Flag Winston Salem
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Definitely will get the S20 Ultra....keeping my Note 10+
The Following User Says Thank You to jutaejrtouch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jutaejrtouch Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 05:45 PM |#8  
Flag Paradise Valley
Thanks Meter: 34

More
yup, i'll definitely be getting it. had the s10+, note 10+, note 10+ (star wars edition) and now the ultra once released. I get bored rather easily and always want the new hotness. and since the pixels have been letting me down lately, my only guilty pleasure are the Samsung phones. I hope there's a ceramic version like the s10+.
28th January 2020, 06:20 PM |#9  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 396

More
I am definitely going to get it - can't wait to see what the camera can do. From what I have read, while it is a 108 mega pixel cameara, the S20 ultra will combine pixels (four pixels) to help improve how much light is going to come in - I don't understand the specific workings of it all - but in the end, it sounds like it is going to be amazing. Camera, Big Battery, Huge Screen, no Bezels, it sounds like it has everything youi might want in a SmartPhone. Just a few weeks away, I can't wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geekser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Geekser Ad-Free
6th February 2020, 12:07 PM |#10  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 250

More
I also like to get the best of the best when they come out like @chetly968. Kind of "oooh, shiny, me want!" situation but I'm not completely room over by the leaked specs. I know that it's a good upgrade to the S10/+/e range and the Note 10 range but it's like what @mzsquared said, are the upgrades worth the extra cost you'll have after trading in the Note 10+ 5G.

I'm going to watch the event and see what they say. It's usually the case that all the new upgrades in the S range get to the Note anyway in addition to extra upgrades.

It's a matter of do you want to wait, how do you use your Note 10+, do you use the S-Pen, would the experience be the same if you get the S20.

I gravitate towards the top phone on the Note range when it's launched, primarily because the Note range have more of a square body rather than the rounded corners on the S range.

I guess we'll see what they have in store for us next week.
6th February 2020, 01:25 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 14,123

Donate to Me
More
Nope not getting it , It's not a upgrade from Note10 Plus to a S20 , basically it's a downgrade, so i won't downgrade, I'll wait for the Note11 or Note20 what ever they will call it. So for now I'll stay on my Note10 Plus, Also the Note10 Plus will still be better till i get the Note11 or Note20.

Sent from my SM-N975U using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venom0642 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Venom0642 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)