FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Pay on Note10+ (International device) from Ebay

2,198 posts
Thanks Meter: 647

By twe90kid, Senior Member on 11th September 2019, 03:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So there's discussion that if we purchase an International Note 10 or Note 10+ from ebay, we may not be able to use Samsung Pay in the United States. The reason being, the Note will be preloaded with Pay App that's from that region. Had anyone been able to uninstall the pre-installed app and reload the app via apkmirror to get Samsung Pay to work in the US?

Saw a post on the s8 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-dual-t3600699) which talked about this exact problem. Not sure if it's the same here and if anyone got to work around the region problem. Not talking about U firmware.

11th September 2019, 09:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid

So there's discussion that if we purchase an International Note 10 or Note 10+ from ebay, we may not be able to use Samsung Pay in the United States. The reason being, the Note will be preloaded with Pay App that's from that region. Had anyone been able to uninstall the pre-installed app and reload the app via apkmirror to get Samsung Pay to work in the US?

Saw a post on the s8 (https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-dual-t3600699) which talked about this exact problem. Not sure if it's the same here and if anyone got to work around the region problem. Not talking about U firmware.

You have to change the csc code to one of the usa firmwares to use samsung pay

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
11th September 2019, 10:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 340

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEjAnDrO812

You have to change the csc code to one of the usa firmwares to use samsung pay

If you read that thread, this was not the case. He was able to use it by installing the framework and app for the USA version.

On my own Korean Note 10+ 5g I tried installing the USA apk but it still keeps saying it can't connect to server.
12th September 2019, 12:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Check if your csc is from a country that Samsung Pay supports, in the same thread someone post the steps for change the csc. Maybe that can make yours work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)