Thanks Meter: 4

By FRBonvoyage, Junior Member on 25th October 2019, 09:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 06:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIf22raptorIx

Hello, also from France and currently in China I have bought the sm-n9760 in a Samsung shop in Shanghai. So I'm able to answer/confirm some infos there.

First, yes it comes with Google services pre installed, under a VPN I transfered through smart switch my data's and so on (containing my needed VPN apk) on this phone and then added through settings Samsung and Google accounts (while connected to my VPN). Google chrome and calendar couldn't be transfered by smart switch and play store wasn't installed. Downloaded play store apk with Firefox. All worked fine and then I used the play store to install chrome and agenda, all syncing and working without flaw.

Yes it is 5g dual SIM and less expensive than other variants at least the the European ones (paid 7999 RMB = 1040 euros and got a free jbl Bluetooth speaker sold normally at 800 RMB = 104 €)

It has bixby touch as said and it works in your language set in your settings. French for me then.

It does come with a well made silicone case and a factory applied plastic screen protector.

I can also confirm for the 6 month screen replacement and the whole warranty is valid in mainland China only. So if you have any problem not concerning the screen make it repaired in your country and for the screen ship to China. (Advice from the Samsung employee in the shop).

There is a setting about the smart building function but haven't tried it out. Also the Samsung employee told me that Samsung pay will only work with Chinese card. Considering that they use a different card system (not Visa or MasterCard but union pay which exists only in China) I assume it is true.

I don't use Instagram so no info on that.

I have been able to uninstall every Chinese pre installed apps just like I uninstall any app without problem.

No info on Samsung health for now. I'm still in China and don't compete with others. Back in France in a week so more infos later.

I'll give a look for the GPS on the spec sheet on Samsung website for this maybe.

Their 5g version support band that is intended for the French market (3500 MHz). But well no real deployed 5g in France before 2022. For now 350 antennas deployed in France by all operators (including 300 by one only) whereas in China, China mobile alone have deployed 200 000 and is just starting it's network. Also China mobile offered me 100 GB on 5g just to try. Thanks to them as I just paid a 100 RMB (13 €) prepaid sim card for 2 months.

I also have an "hongbao accelerator" as setting option but haven't gave a look yet.

If you have any question don't hesitate I'll do my best to answer.

How do I install Google services in Italy? Do I need to download some apk? If yes what should I look for?
Thanks for the reply

For google assistant
Install aodnotify after battery settings automatic execution flag applications on.
21st December 2019, 01:52 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just had one gifted
I just started using this daily in the United States. I was a bit unsure what to expect because the Chinese origins, but I feel like I've got a very good set up after uninstalling some apps and not using others.

I installed the play store from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-9-17-release/

Everything seems pretty good. I just can't enable the setting to allow Google assistant to use "OK Google" when the phone is not being used. The option is greyed out saying the language is not compatible, which is set to English (US).

Ive had excellent service so far, but haven't done a comprehensive speed test. Internet aside, the phone is just so fast. Great to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to ywindlass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ywindlass Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 08:25 AM |#23  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Thanks a lot for your posts on your experience with the device.
I think I'm going to purchase that device after the info I got from all of you.
What is the latest software it's on now (is it Android 10) and does it get updated on par with the other versions?
How is the battery life compared to other versions?
Thanks in advance!
28th January 2020, 12:48 PM |#24  

More
中国的note10+5g没有毫米波天线
28th January 2020, 03:36 PM |#25  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartphoner

Thanks a lot for your posts on your experience with the device.
I think I'm going to purchase that device after the info I got from all of you.
What is the latest software it's on now (is it Android 10) and does it get updated on par with the other versions?
How is the battery life compared to other versions?
Thanks in advance!

Latest software is still on Android 9 Pie (version number N9760ZCU1ASL1) but Android 10 is coming really soon
Update speed is slower than Exynos versions but usually faster than US versions for security updates ;
Samsung China focuses on more on stability than on updating speed.
Battery life is way better than the Exynos Note9 I had before.
Hope I answered your questions
The Following User Says Thank You to FRBonvoyage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FRBonvoyage Ad-Free
28th January 2020, 03:39 PM |#26  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangyouchao

中国的note10+5g没有毫米波天线

是的
(国行只有n41 n78和n79)
28th January 2020, 07:31 PM |#27  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 107

More
[QUOTE=wangyouchao;81611583]
What is a millimeter antenna?
29th January 2020, 05:58 PM |#28  

More
Here is the thing I should mention, I cannot turn on the 'ok google' feature due to some unknown issue, it says this feature is unavailable to this language even I have reset the phone from very beginning as English. However, like you said the "google service" or the "google structure" is not a complete version. Now I miss my note 10+ US version.....
1st February 2020, 08:43 PM |#29  

More
Google play issue
Hello,

I have installed google play. Google play country is set to my home country but still my country spesific apps dont allow me to install.

What can I do?
13th February 2020, 08:04 PM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywindlass

I just started using this daily in the United States. I was a bit unsure what to expect because the Chinese origins, but I feel like I've got a very good set up after uninstalling some apps and not using others.

I installed the play store from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-9-17-release/

Everything seems pretty good. I just can't enable the setting to allow Google assistant to use "OK Google" when the phone is not being used. The option is greyed out saying the language is not compatible, which is set to English (US).

Ive had excellent service so far, but haven't done a comprehensive speed test. Internet aside, the phone is just so fast. Great to use.

Does 5G work in the US on any carrier?
15th February 2020, 05:12 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Samsung pay doesn’t work
Samsung health doesn’t sync to account that’s not created outside China
Google photos don’t sync old pics to this phone anymore though backup works and even search works in photos
There is no L5 band as per gps test app

I doubt any advantage is there apart from having Snapdragon and dual sim 5g phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)