FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TIP] How to get rid of the "annoying" charging message?

5,394 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,931

By henklbr, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 11th September 2019, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Galaxy Note10 TIP:

This is how you get rid of the message at the bottom of your screen (Note10/Note10+/Note10 5G) when you are charging your device:

1. Download this wallpaper: https://mega.nz/#!FogyWSxS!z6fV8XsrW...jM5sDW08zIGn5I
2. Create a folder on your phone, eg "Screensaver"
3. Place the downloaded image in "Screensaver"
4. Go to: Settings -> Display -> Screensaver -> Select Photo frame -> Select Screensaver

Done!

Before -> After
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to henklbr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henklbr Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 07:49 PM |#2  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,595

Donate to Me
More
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8&postcount=36

If you have gestures without hints turned on, you don't even have to download a wallpaper. Just set screensaver to Photo, but don't point it toward your Google photos. No pic to display, it will just show a blank screen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Orange 645 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr. Orange 645 Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 08:25 PM |#3  
Flag Trappes
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
I get why people would want to get rid of the informative text at the bottom.

I don't find it annyoing at all, I even find it useful. Quick and good way, IMO, to replace the LED.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepseaturtle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deepseaturtle Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 08:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 410

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepseaturtle

I don't find it annyoing at all, I even find it useful. Quick and good way, IMO, to replace the LED.

Burn-in
11th September 2019, 08:59 PM |#5  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,193

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepseaturtle

In my car on my wireless charger it's great, at night in my pitch black room not so much.
12th September 2019, 12:58 AM |#6  
Flag Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Honestly if you're worried about burn-in then you will be using this phone for far too long...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaPoets For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaPoets Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 05:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,874

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPoets

Honestly if you're worried about burn-in then you will be using this phone for far too long...

Ok?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pcriz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pcriz Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 05:56 PM |#8  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 1,595

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPoets

Depends on your definition of "far too long."

Depends how long you usually keep a phone. Most payment plans are 24-36 months. Major update as tend to come every other year. So what's far too long?

Depends on if you leave it on the charger for hours or just occasional top off.

Depends on other screen activity that might counteract that burn in.

Depends on how much the OLED technology has improved to combat burn in.

I mean, people are buying $3000 OLED TVs and getting burn in on their screens in under a year. So is, what...10 months far too long? 6 months? A week? 2 years?
12th September 2019, 07:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
May not be for everyone but if you have S View Cover, you can disable AOD only when the cover is closed! There is a settings option for that.
No burn in, no workarounds.
12th September 2019, 09:28 PM |#10  
Flag Trappes
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp328i

In my car on my wireless charger it's great, at night in my pitch black room not so much.

I barely see it at night on a really dark room. But my AOD is set to auto-brightness so it could also come into play ?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaisa

Burn-in

I'm not that afraid of burn-in since I don't have the phone charging all the time and that the text is realtively visible (dark brightness) but I can imagine for other people to have it disabled because of that.
15th September 2019, 07:18 AM |#11  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 866

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaisa

Burn-in

It moves
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)