FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cellular strength and throughput

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,749

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th August 2019, 02:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+'s LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.
27th August 2019, 09:34 PM |#2  
Flag aldie
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I got the S10 + unlocked Us version on T-MOBILE network. To compared to my previous phone which is the Google Pixel 2Xl, the cellular signal is lot weaker. I usually have 3-4 bar at work and full signal at home. Now I got only one or two bars at work and also one or two bars at home.
28th August 2019, 01:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by my370z

I got the S10 + unlocked Us version on T-MOBILE network. To compared to my previous phone which is the Google Pixel 2Xl, the cellular signal is lot weaker. I usually have 3-4 bar at work and full signal at home. Now I got only one or two bars at work and also one or two bars at home.

You don't compare bars, they mean nothing. Compare dBm in the About Phone -> SIM card status screen. Also make sure you're actually on the same band, depending on your carrier. If your phone allows it enter *#0011# and see that you're actually connected to the same band on the same Cell ID.

Edit: Just tested my Note 9 and Note 10. Same CID, band 5. both RSCP: -84.
The Following User Says Thank You to @Class For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift @Class Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 08:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
I'm finding the dBm the same as a previous phone but while 4G download speed is comparable, around 100 Mbits , upload is worse at 20 vs 40Mbits at the same location. In other locations to, 4G upload seems to struggle.
24th September 2019, 10:32 AM |#5  
Flag aldie
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Class

You don't compare bars, they mean nothing. Compare dBm in the About Phone -> SIM card status screen. Also make sure you're actually on the same band, depending on your carrier. If your phone allows it enter *#0011# and see that you're actually connected to the same band on the same Cell ID.

Edit: Just tested my Note 9 and Note 10. Same CID, band 5. both RSCP: -84.

September update seem to fixed my signal
issue. Now I got stable signal and download speed in LTE gained up to 25-30 mbps. Used to be 1-2 mbps at the same basement.
26th September 2019, 07:03 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Worst reception of any phone i've ever owned even with wilson antenna
2nd October 2019, 01:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Best reception of any phone I've had, including my Note 8 it replaced. At home I've got the Verizon network extender so I have my own cell tower but every where else it pulls in signals great.
5th October 2019, 12:16 AM |#8  
Braunschweig
Thanks Meter: 21

Donate to Me
More
I compered with my note 9 here in Germany in 1800mhz and 800mhz 4g bands. On my work I have had 0 to 1 bars of 4g (note 9)but it was usable on - 110 dB. Galaxy note 10+ is showing lower signal almost all the time I was @ 4g 1800 MHz but with same dB level. But the note 10+ is more stable and even without bars or 1 bar the connection was stable and the streams where running great. Than I tested a location where 4g is almost impossible (in this test I forced to 4g only) and the note 10+ was getting me data!
The bad thing the note 10+ is not switching from h+ to 4g like the note 9. It takes much longer time. I almost always force 4g because i don't want to wait till the note 10+ switches to 4g. It's for sure normal behavior because h+ is much stronger in this location but 4g even without bars is faster.
So with my testing with The note 9 and note 10+ I would they the receiver on the note 10+ is a little bit more sensitive than the note 9 but shows sometimes one bar less.
The Following User Says Thank You to yaesudx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yaesudx Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 10:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
orange egypt .. The bad thing the note 10+ is not switching normal from h+ to 4g or 4g to h+ like any phone . when switch from or to 4g freezing then restated every switching between H+ 4G plz any help every switch restart and freeze
10th October 2019, 01:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaesudx

I compered with my note 9 here in Germany in 1800mhz and 800mhz 4g bands. On my work I have had 0 to 1 bars of 4g (note 9)but it was usable on - 110 dB. Galaxy note 10+ is showing lower signal almost all the time I was @ 4g 1800 MHz but with same dB level. But the note 10+ is more stable and even without bars or 1 bar the connection was stable and the streams where running great. Than I tested a location where 4g is almost impossible (in this test I forced to 4g only) and the note 10+ was getting me data!
The bad thing the note 10+ is not switching from h+ to 4g like the note 9. It takes much longer time. I almost always force 4g because i don't want to wait till the note 10+ switches to 4g. It's for sure normal behavior because h+ is much stronger in this location but 4g even without bars is faster.
So with my testing with The note 9 and note 10+ I would they the receiver on the note 10+ is a little bit more sensitive than the note 9 but shows sometimes one bar less.

I have the exact opposite result here in germany
Where my note 8 stayed at h+, especially while using data, my note10+ switches to lte way faster
11th October 2019, 12:11 AM |#11  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
Here in Mex my device always connects to LTE, even if 3g or 2g have stronger signal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)