FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Outdoor visibility (max brightness)

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,882

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th August 2019, 03:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Rate this thread to express how well you can see the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+'s display outdoors. In case you've been playing Minecraft for 18 months straight, you might not known how to get outside anymore. Well, find the door and walk through it. A higher rating indicates that it has very high maximum brightness and thus fantastic outdoor visibility in direct sunlight.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
3rd January 2020, 11:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
For a phone of this stature and price, could have tossed in a better refresh rate.
4th January 2020, 04:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I own this along with an iPhone 11 pro.

The iPhone 11 is much more visible outdoors.
4th January 2020, 03:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbreak

I own this along with an iPhone 11 pro.

The iPhone 11 is much more visible outdoors.

No it's not lol. The note gets 300 Nits brighter
5th January 2020, 09:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Among the brightest phones, according to the specs. And my experience with it has just confirmed it. I never felt the need to crank it up to max however, as there isn't a huge difference between setting brightness to 70% and to 100%, whether indoors or outdoors. I suppose the brightness increase is not really linear? In any case, more than satisfactory.
The Following User Says Thank You to King-V For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift King-V Ad-Free
5th January 2020, 11:33 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafc66

No it's not lol. The note gets 300 Nits brighter

Try holding them side by side together on a sunny day with the Note set to auto brightness so you can get the max theoretical brightness.

It's night and day, no pun intended. The iPhone is hugely more visible.

Not only is the iPhone greatly more visible, but the Note's battery completely clonks out when the screen is bright while the iPhone just powers on.

I'm not Samsung bashing here. I've had every Note since the Note 2. Just stating what I see.
5th January 2020, 10:49 PM |#7  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Well, some other factors may influence here, I use vivid screen mode with coolest tone settings and high performance mode which cranks brightness up 10% more, I have no iphone 11 to make a side by side comparison, but things may be different with the settings I mention, and about battery, well, a brighter screen of course will eat a lot more battery juice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)