FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,749

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th August 2019, 02:15 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
17th September 2019, 10:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Photo quality is one of the worst I've seen on a smartphone. I'm way too disappointed, honestly pixel 2 camera beats the crap out of note 10 plus camera. Is it too much to ask for a good bokeh photo? I mean everyone is doing it great WITHOUT the TOF sensor. Does it even work on the phone? I felt like crying when I took my first image on the phone. One would expect the live focus would be matured by now but cheap Chinese phones give you better live focus effects. The wide angle is completely unusable, distorted (after enabling the correction) and grainy. The photo quality is garbage during all lighting conditions except daylight and outdoors. How did Samsung have the audacity to market it as a content creators phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to cyanotrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyanotrix Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 03:40 PM |#3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 107

More
I don’t have any of the problems that you mentioned. After your first photo, instead of crying you should have returned it immediately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rialsi6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rialsi6 Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 04:11 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanotrix

Photo quality is one of the worst I've seen on a smartphone. I'm way too disappointed, honestly pixel 2 camera beats the crap out of note 10 plus camera. Is it too much to ask for a good bokeh photo? I mean everyone is doing it great WITHOUT the TOF sensor. Does it even work on the phone? I felt like crying when I took my first image on the phone. One would expect the live focus would be matured by now but cheap Chinese phones give you better live focus effects. The wide angle is completely unusable, distorted (after enabling the correction) and grainy. The photo quality is garbage during all lighting conditions except daylight and outdoors. How did Samsung have the audacity to market it as a content creators phone?

I absolutely agree. My s10+ that I traded was a beast at night photos. Now my Note 10+ looks like pictures were taken from a laptop cam. So grainy and blurry at night or even during the day unless it's outside in a very nicely light place. Someone was saying some cases might cause this issue but I tried it without a case and no difference. Clearing cache and storage with rebooting does not help either. Mine is unlocked and the pictures were bad when i was on the U1 firmware and now I am t-mobile firmware and no difference. I am thinking about calling Samsung and asking for replacement. It seems this issue has been happening ever since the s8. A lot of complaints with the Note 9 too.
I feel regret for trading in my perfect s10+
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deanesn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deanesn Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 07:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm really not sure whether it's a faulty device or just very poor camera quality, but although sharp, my photos in ideal conditions come out lifeless and washed out enough that multiple people commented on it...And that's coming from OP6T, so not exactly huge expectations...I came here to see if it's the same for everyone, or if it's something to return the device for or if there's a software fix...
18th September 2019, 08:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
ok either i have another device and got scammed with note 10 +sticker on the box or something really wrong with your devices guys !!!

the photo and video quality is superb on this phone. the only area were my previous p30 pro shines over it is the night time and still very decent performer !
18th September 2019, 02:28 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rialsi6

I don’t have any of the problems that you mentioned. After your first photo, instead of crying you should have returned it immediately.

Not a faulty hardware and had pre booked so cannot return. It's pure garbage that's all.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by protech_v2

I'm really not sure whether it's a faulty device or just very poor camera quality, but although sharp, my photos in ideal conditions come out lifeless and washed out enough that multiple people commented on it...And that's coming from OP6T, so not exactly huge expectations...I came here to see if it's the same for everyone, or if it's something to return the device for or if there's a software fix...

Just the way it is. All the vloggers either have been bought off or they know jackshit about vlogging camera quality. They don't even know what they're doing half the time and the other half they just copy from each other. It could easily be fixed by good software.
18th September 2019, 02:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanotrix

Not a faulty hardware and had pre booked so cannot return. It's pure garbage that's all.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Just the way it is. All the vloggers either have been bought off or they know jackshit about vlogging camera quality. They don't even know what they're doing half the time and the other half they just copy from each other. It could easily be fixed by good software.

Operator's technical problem
Not even a sample photo,Mouth complaining
18th September 2019, 03:00 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjhao

Operator's technical problem
Not even a sample photo,Mouth complaining

Would love to, but XDA app says bad request when I try to attach an image.
18th September 2019, 03:33 PM |#10  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
I really do not know what device are the both complainers talking about, the camera is excelent, chinese cheap phones are by no means better than note's camera, so, only god knows what are you holding in your hands, or how you are using it
18th September 2019, 04:14 PM |#11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Takes great photos to me.
Most seem to havd hdr on. So moving shortly after taking a photo gives a blured photo. But other then that.
Great photos
The Following User Says Thank You to xile6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xile6 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)