3,085 posts
Thanks Meter: 799

Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2019, 10:12 AM |#31  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Edit:
The service has been disabled after few hours of use, should I redo the operation to activate it or is there a problem somewhere? Thanks in advance
I'm on Sony Xperia XZ Prime
12th November 2019, 11:53 PM |#32  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnovanova

Hi guys. I know this is not Note 10 specific but it's great news nonetheless. Someone figured out how to activate RCS messaging and it works.

For those who don't know what RCS is, it's basically like iMessage for Android.

Here is the 9 to 5 Google article: https://9to5google.com/2019/10/26/en...roid-messages/

And here is a tutorial from Jeff Springer over on YouTube: Spread the news guys it should work on any Android phone carrier. I'm currently in Canada and got it to work.

Enjoy

Does not work on my SM-N975F INTL VERSION. I get unknown error when trying to verify my number.
13th November 2019, 04:54 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
It seems that messages will crash if you try to go into "automatic previews" in the settings menu. I dont know if its just this beta of messages or something else.
14th November 2019, 06:54 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Google is now rolling out RCS messaging within the messages app for all US users. I wonder if those of us who used the workaround need to reverse what we did or are we fine?
16th November 2019, 03:22 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I read Google is rolling rcs out to all usa carriers. But I can't seem to get it to work today. Anyone else?
17th November 2019, 07:31 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Followed steps 1 thru 20 on my note 10 plus, even though it says connected all the time for the last 48 hours, i do not have video calling enabled, which did get enabled on my girls galaxy s9 plus, both bought at bestbuy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191116-222748_Messages.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	4878633   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191116-222800_Messages.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	4878635  
18th November 2019, 12:06 PM |#37  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Now all I need is some friends.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to H0rn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift H0rn Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 01:51 AM |#38  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghassan haddad

why is all this hype about the RCS? we already have tons of instant messaging apps (most importantly WhatsApp) that surpass the RCS in many ways.

Not everyone uses Whatsapp

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
6th December 2019, 07:12 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Whatsapp is awful anyway. Signal is much better and is actually secure. Whatsapp recently banned people from the app because they were in group chats with a chat name that was inappropriate, if it's so secure why and how is Whatsapp looking at group chat names and that makes me wonder what else they are looking at, probably every message sent that is supposedly encrypted. I don't trust them at all.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
6th December 2019, 03:33 PM |#40  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 84

More
This method worked fine to activate RCS chat using Android messages on my Note 10 + and my wife's Huawei mate 20 x so we can now use the chat feature when messaging each other. I would prefer, however to use Samsung messages as that would permit me to send and receive text messages on my linked Galaxy Tab S5e. Does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to activate RCS chat with the Samsung messages app?
6th December 2019, 04:04 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcraig

This method worked fine to activate RCS chat using Android messages on my Note 10 + and my wife's Huawei mate 20 x so we can now use the chat feature when messaging each other. I would prefer, however to use Samsung messages as that would permit me to send and receive text messages on my linked Galaxy Tab S5e. Does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to activate RCS chat with the Samsung messages app?

Samsung msg app already has RCS enabled , but both participants need to be logged in Samsung account
Samsung advanced msg is RCS only
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)