FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] aodNotify - Notification light/LED for Note10, Edge Lighting, Battery optimized

1,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,942

By Jawomo, Senior Member on 15th August 2019, 07:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2019, 10:34 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawomo

You need a notification light / LED for your Note10 or Galaxy phone?

aodNotify will use Samsung's Always On Display (AOD) as a notification light / LED!

The app will automatically activate the Always On Display (AOD) when you receive notifications and disable it when notifications are cleared. So when you see the AOD you know you have new notifications. Thats the most simplistic way to get notified.

To make notifications more visible an appealing you can finally enjoy a notification light on your Note10 or Galaxy phone! For this aodNotify creates an animated edge lighting effect around the screen, camera cutout or notch!

As the app uses Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesnt drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

Furthermore you can automatically activate the Always On Display while charging your phone so you can see the charging state.

FEATURES:
• Notification light / LED for Note10
• Activate Always On Display (AOD) on notifications
• Edge lighting effect for incoming notifications
• Disable Always On Display when notifications are cleared
• Select apps which can turn on Always On Display
• Activate Always On Display while charging
• Minimal battery consumption

DEVICES:
• S7 / S8 / S9 / S10
• Note 8 / Note 9 / Note10
• A6 / A7 / A8 / A9
• A30 / A50 / A70 / A80
• C5 / C7 / C8 / C9
• M30

TRANSLATIONS ARE OPEN NOW:
If youre interested intranslating aodNotify into your language please send an email, i will add you to the group then. Thanks!

Email: [email protected]
Subject: aodNotify Translation

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:

Where is the download link ?
Can you pls post
23rd August 2019, 12:25 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolz_hari

Where is the download link ?
Can you pls post

just click on the download icon?
23rd August 2019, 11:39 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Should work fine , getting my note soon, then ill optimize positions.

Does it work when the screen is on? You can also adjust position in aodNotify settings

Hi. I have my Note 10 plus about 2 days ago and I was looking for an app for the notifications. I downloaded this one and paid for the application but as I read in this post, there is a problem with the notification when the screen is off but the AOD is on. You only see the bottom of the notification circle on the camera. If I move the notification circle, you can see it.
Is there any way to fix it?

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfazio13

It's perfectly located when the screen is on. I'm also a software developer and I spent a little while playing around with an opensource version of a similar app (Holey Light). I think the issue is that the AOD doesn't stretch to the edge of the device on the Note 10/10+ like it does on the S10; it cuts off at the front camera. Hopefully there's a way to bypass that.

I have exactly the same problem. It works well with the screen on but with the screen off and the AOD does not work, you only see a very small part of the circle.

I hope they can fix it soon. LED notifications are very useful to me.
24th August 2019, 08:38 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Working normally here on Note10 with latest software updates installed.

Maybe its related to Note10+ only?
Anyone got it working correctly on + ?
24th August 2019, 11:02 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giulianoLTE

Hi. I have my Note 10 plus about 2 days ago and I was looking for an app for the notifications. I downloaded this one and paid for the application but as I read in this post, there is a problem with the notification when the screen is off but the AOD is on. You only see the bottom of the notification circle on the camera. If I move the notification circle, you can see it.
Is there any way to fix it?

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

I have exactly the same problem. It works well with the screen on but with the screen off and the AOD does not work, you only see a very small part of the circle.

I hope they can fix it soon. LED notifications are very useful to me.

Can confirm that too on my Note 10+ maby really just a problem for + owner...
Edit :
I don't know what they did, but i have some apps that act strange when it comes to statusbar. Like a battery bar mod. It is direct under the statusbar, and when I set it do "down" it moves exact the size of the statusbar way more down the screen.
Or network monitor mini. It is not possible to get it inside the statusbar. It just vanishes.
Looks like there are 2 screens
24th August 2019, 11:31 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

just click on the download icon?

I'm on mobile and don't see a link either.
24th August 2019, 03:14 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Edge lighting cuts off.
Yes, I can confirm the problem on my Note 10 + as well.. I tried adjusting the y coordinates etc but the edge lighting gets cut off on top top portion. No matter if you use the camera cutout or whole screen notifications, it gets cut off from the top.

I tried disabling for edge lighting from the app and use the default edge lighting of the phone but the problem remains the same. If notifications are set for an app in the AODNotify app, the egde screen lighting will get cutoff from the top and only shows on the sides and the bottom.

Pls can you fix this?

Thanks.
24th August 2019, 04:01 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 87

Donate to Me
More
Note 10+ I enabled edge lighting in the phone settings and edge lighting in the app. Do I need to enable both? And do I have to set AOD to "show always" or can I set a scheduled time. Anyways the circle cuts off like everyone else is saying
24th August 2019, 08:52 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The app is making my screen unresponsive and laggy while the edge lighting is activated. Only while the edge lighting is lit up for a notification though.
24th August 2019, 09:39 PM |#30  
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I can confirm as well on my Note 10+ that the camera light only shows the bottom of the camera and the notification ring stops just below the status bar. They both work fine during setup though.
24th August 2019, 11:35 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yup...seeing the same issue as posted above.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)