[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for Note10, NEW: Notification preview!!

Search This thread

duchian

Uploaded aodNotify 2.20 beta#1

You can now display the lighting effect around the fingerprint sensor when the phone is locked!

Lighting effect:
• Fingerprint sensor effect
• Default timeout set to 1min.

General:
• Added translations!
• Fixes and optimizations

More features to come soon..

Hi!
I have just bought this app andenabled circle around fingerprint. It is moved up and fingerprint is not in the middle. Can you adjust it? Thank you!

Ventigo

Mar 18, 2015
Hi there first of all great app....

Is it normal that I lost the music control widget on aod if I use this app?...I'm new to the Samsung universe

And if I unselect the Google app from the applist it's getting selected when I close the list

Last edited:

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi there first of all great app....

Is it normal that I lost the music control widget on aod if I use this app?...I'm new to the Samsung universe

And if I unselect the Google app from the applist it's getting selected when I close the list
Music widget should still work. Is it selected in aod settings?

Will fix the google bug in next release.

Reactions: Ventigo

Ventigo

Mar 18, 2015
Music widget should still work. Is it selected in aod settings?

Will fix the google bug in next release.

Thx for the response and yes music widget is selected.
Ok the music widget is there if I double tap the clock just the text under the clock isn't showing... furthermore I happens that aod got deactivated if I interact with it...

Last edited:

jfazio13

Aug 22, 2019
Uploaded aodNotify 2.21 beta#1

Added experimental Note10+ fix for testing. Please activate in settings and report back if its working for you.

Lighting effect:
• Note10+ fix for testing
• Per app color setting

General:
• Updated translations
Working for me after some early testing! The screen does seem to flicker at first though, so the stock Samsung Edge Lighting cuts out and then comes back on (along with the camera lighting), but this is definitely progress. Nice job!

duchian

Uploaded aodNotify 2.21 beta#1

Added experimental Note10+ fix for testing. Please activate in settings and report back if its working for you.

Lighting effect:
• Note10+ fix for testing
• Per app color setting

General:
• Updated translations
Sadly it's not working.after enabling it nothing shows on aod

Ventigo

Mar 18, 2015
With the new beta when enabling the fix it fits the camera hole but blinks only once after this only the proximity sensor blinks...and it breaks the Intervall settings

ronjr123

Dec 9, 2010
I bought the paid version of this. Nice in theory but needs work.

Finally got the aod AMOLED to work on its own. MAJOR bummer is that when this runs and you pull the s-pen, you can't write on the lock screen. I know that's not your issue but, it is still a major feature lost on the Note.

That same app also has edge screen lighting for notifications but it isn't the best. I really like your idea.

Once i got that to work I enabled yours and set up what apps i wanted to apply a notification. I constantly was getting a white led whether I had a a notification or not. I had NO apps assigned a white notifier but, it never went away.

This phantom led was playing havoc and the aod AMOLED app. With it on, that app didn't realize the screen was really off and then the aod screen was hit or miss whether it would work or not. I disabled yours and the aod screen worked properly again. I went as far as turning off all notifications in the phone settings section but, the white led never quit blinking.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see how much progress you make but for the time being I went back to the stock aod screen. Hopefully Samsung will address this huge lacking feature in the next version of OneUI due out with Android 10.

With all that said, I hope this aids in your progress.

Just my observation. Not meant to be disparaging:

If you are going to charge so much for an Android app, it should be a standalone and NOT dependent on someone else's work. Especially when that app this depends on is FREE.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

i bought the paid version of this. Nice in theory but needs work.

Finally got the aod amoled to work on its own. Major bummer is that when this runs and you pull the s-pen, you can't write on the lock screen. I know that's not your issue but, it is still a major feature lost on the note.

That same app also has edge screen lighting for notifications but it isn't the best. I really like your idea.

Once i got that to work i enabled yours and set up what apps i wanted to apply a notification. I constantly was getting a white led whether i had a a notification or not. I had no apps assigned a white notifier but, it never went away.

This phantom led was playing havoc and the aod amoled app. With it on, that app didn't realize the screen was really off and then the aod screen was hit or miss whether it would work or not. I disabled yours and the aod screen worked properly again. I went as far as turning off all notifications in the phone settings section but, the white led never quit blinking.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see how much progress you make but for the time being i went back to the stock aod screen. Hopefully samsung will address this huge lacking feature in the next version of oneui due out with android 10.

With all that said, i hope this aids in your progress.

Just my observation. Not meant to be disparaging:

If you are going to charge so much for an android app, it should be a standalone and not dependent on someone else's work. Especially when that app this depends on is free.

please ignore. Wrong thread!!

Last edited:

greatg

Nov 9, 2005
Hamilton
I also purchased the pro version and signed up for the Beta testing. I cannot get any notifications to show up on my AOD? Can someone please post their app settings in order to get this to work?

TODI1111

Jan 5, 2013
Very good application. I've already used this on a S10 + and now on a Note 10+. My question is that the color range could not be wider?

Reactions: ronjr123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a notification light / LED for your Galaxy Note10? With aodNotify you can easily add a notification light / LED directly to Samsung's Always On Display!

You can select different notification light styles and show the notification light around the camera cutout, screen edges or even simulate an notification LED dot in the statusbar of your Galaxy Note10! As the notification light is integrated in Samsung's Always On Display it has minimal battery consumption and doesn't drain your battery like other apps which keep your phone awake!

If you don't need the Always On Display, the app can also activate the Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications or show the notification light / LED even without the Always On Display!

With the notification preview feature you can directly see if you have important notifications without waking your Galaxy Note10!

MAIN FEATURES:
    • Notification light / LED for Galaxy S20, S10, Note 10 and others!
    • Low energy notification preview (android 10+)
    • Activate Always On Display (AOD) only on notifications
    • Charging / Low battery light / LED

MORE FEATURES:
    • Notification light styles (around camera, screen, LED dot)
    • Custom app / contact colors
    • ECO animations to save battery
    • Interval mode (on/off) to save battery
    • Night times to save battery
    • Minimal battery consumption

BATTERY USAGE PER HOUR ~:
    • LED - 3.0%
    • LED & INTERVAL - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO - 1.5%
    • LED & ECO & INTERVAL - 1.0%
    • NOTIFICATION PREVIEW - 0.5%
    • ALWAYS ON DISPLAY - 0.5%

Other apps use up to 5-10% per hour!

DOWNLOAD:

NOTES:
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
    • Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

"Samsung Galaxy" is a protected trademark of "SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS"
    Next update will have an exciting new option to hide the AOD, so only the lighting effect will be visible :)

Stay tuned, coming soon...
    e4hkjvc.png
    e3kkjvx.png
    e1oijfy.png
    NOTE10+ IMPORTANT NOTE::
    Its currently not possible to show edge lighting above the camera when the screen is off on Note10+.
    Because of this edge lighting is displayed below the camera. Working on a fix.
    This does not happen on normal Note10, only on Note10+
    With latest Samsung september software update the Note10+ bug is finally fixed!!

Compatibility modes can be disabled if you have september update installed.