[App] sideActions - Remap the Power button on Note10! NEW: S Pen button remapping!!!

Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
With sideActions you can easily remap the Power or S Pen Button on your Galaxy Note10 to any action or app you like! Use the Power Button to mute your phone, turn on flashlight, launch Google Assistant or take a screenshot with just one click!

When you remap the S Pen you can remotely turn on the flashlight or use the button to navigate your phone! unlimited possibilities!

Optionally you can remap the volume buttons to Skip tracks when listening to music, or whatever you like!

With per app remapping! Use the Power Button / side key to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

FEATURES:
• Double and long press supported!
• Remap the Power Button / side key on Galaxy Note10!
• Remap the S Pen button!
• Launch Google Assistant with the Power Button
• Remap the Volume buttons!
• Per app remapping
• Turn on the flashlight with the Power Button
• Disable the Power Button
• Skip tracks with the volume buttons
• High performance! No lags!
• No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
• Turn on flashlight
• Take a screenshot
• Mute phone
• Answer phone calls
• Launch Google Assistant
• Launch camera or any other app
• Switch to last app
• 35+ actions

NOTES:
• You can remap the Power Button / side key on your Galaxy Note10
• Samsung may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if sideActions is compatible before updating Bixby or phone software!

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
soon

Last edited:

Emp0ri0

Sep 1, 2017
Initial release, please test and post your feeedback!

Enjoy!

Cant really test it since it is mostly locked. And I dont feel safe spending money on something I need to test for working after the purchase

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I just find it very funny that you are so worried about user feedback and fail reports yet most important and ones that most likely to fail are locked behind 3€ purchase.

I won't get my money back if it will not work on lockscreen or something, right?

Reactions: marctronixx

EricDArneson

Aug 26, 2019
Virus!

The PC exe contains a trojan virus. I tested it with multiple applications. Also the app asked for access to my secure folder and wanted me to login back in to Google Play. It wasn't the normal login screen and the information was in plain text for the password. Not sure what this is all about but I wouldn't try this.

The PC exe contains a trojan virus. I tested it with multiple applications. Also the app asked for access to my secure folder and wanted me to login back in to Google Play. It wasn't the normal login screen and the information was in plain text for the password. Not sure what this is all about but I wouldn't try this.
I didn't have ANY of those issues. It might register with av programs because of ADB. I have previously excluded adb in my virussxan. He gives you the commands so you can do it manually too. You don't HAVE to use the pc app.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackhawk_LA

noobandroid

Sep 4, 2010
how about the "mark all as read and clear notifications" function? i used to love to use that one

EricDArneson

Aug 26, 2019
I didn't have ANY of those issues. It might register with av programs because of ADB. I have previously excluded adb in my virussxan. He gives you the commands so you can do it manually too. You don't HAVE to use the pc app.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I just find it odd that it doesn't pop up with his other app.

D

Deleted member 7436581

PRAISE BE!

YGYUgRO.gif

Coming from the OnePlus 7 Pro I was starting to miss the volume toggle button but now I can replicate that with this app! I enjoy buying you coffee! Small price to pay for such amazing work!

D

Deleted member 7436581

For anyone that cares, here's my setup with this app.

Long-press Volume Down: Toggle volume on/off (replicating the volume toggle on my 7 Pro)

Long-press Volume Up: Screenshot

Long-press Side Button: Flashlight

Double-press Side Button: Opens Camera

So far, that's all I need. I was going to use the volume buttons for media control but since it only work with AOD enabled, I may as well not use it.

Reactions: ad44891

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With sideActions you can easily remap the Power or S Pen Button on your Galaxy Note10 to any action or app you like! Use the Power Button to mute your phone, turn on flashlight, launch Google Assistant or take a screenshot with just one click!

When you remap the S Pen you can remotely turn on the flashlight or use the button to navigate your phone! unlimited possibilities!

Optionally you can remap the volume buttons to Skip tracks when listening to music, or whatever you like!

With per app remapping! Use the Power Button / side key to take pictures in camera apps, take screenshots in browser and start flashlight when the screen is off!

FEATURES:
    • Double and long press supported!
    • Remap the Power Button / side key on Galaxy Note10!
    • Remap the S Pen button!
    • Launch Google Assistant with the Power Button
    • Remap the Volume buttons!
    • Per app remapping
    • Turn on the flashlight with the Power Button
    • Skip tracks with the volume buttons
    • High performance! No lags!
    • No annoying ads

ACTIONS:
    • Turn on flashlight
    • Take a screenshot
    • Mute phone
    • Answer phone calls
    • Launch Google Assistant
    • Launch camera or any other app
    • Switch to last app
    • 35+ actions

NOTES:
    • You can remap the Power Button / side key on your Galaxy Note10
    • Samsung may block this app with future updates!
    • Please check if sideActions is compatible before updating Bixby or phone software!

DOWNLOAD:

Forum download:
    soon
    This app is awesome. Got it set up to take screenshot with double click and full immersive with long press. Loving it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Sorry, no free codes. The app is free already and only some features are paid to support my work.

And I dont want to spam my thread with hundrets of code requests. Thread is for support, bug reports ,feature requests and discussion about the app.
    This app is totally worth buying. People shouldn't always worry about getting stuff for free. My phone was $1,100 so I can afford a couple bucks and help support development.

Sent from my SM-N975U using XDA Labs
    do you have free promocodes to give out to xda members
    Sorry, no free codes. The app is free already and only some features are paid to support my work.

And I dont want to spam my thread with hundrets of code requests. Thread is for support, bug reports ,feature requests and discussion about the app.
    It works for me on my S22 Ultra with Android 13 and One UI 5.0 after reading a reddit post. Here's what to do.

1) Force stop sideactions
    2) Open sideactions and accept the logging permissions pop-up
    3) Enable power button mapping

This only works until you restart then you'll have to redo same thing. I just turned off auto restart and Side actions works fine. And if you do need to reboot you can fix it now. Hopefully 5.0 support is added soon, but at least for now there's a work around.
    S21 Ultra here. I installed the app and got the remapping to work. Couldn't run the .exe in the sideactions folder but i managed to run the ADB commands (full_remap):

Code:
    adb shell sh /data/data/com.jamworks.sidekeybuttonremap/files/start_easy_remap.sh

adb shell sh /data/data/com.jamworks.sidekeybuttonremap/files/start_full_remap.sh

adb shell sh /data/data/com.jamworks.sidekeybuttonremap/files/stop_remap.sh

When I did this the slider went back to off each time I left that particular page. I did a "remove data" and killed the app. Re-did the setup and now everything works as intended. Strange!

Love to use Google Assistant instead of Bixby with long press! :D

Thank you EricG90
    I can confirm that this works on my S21 Ultra.
    After setup and ADB
    killed the app
    removed the data
    reboot the phone
    Re-did the setup and now everything works as intended.

Bye Bye Bixby,
    Hello Google Assistant, Spotify, Tasker, Soundhound, Philips Hue and Nest. :)