FORUMS

[REQ] [TUT] QMG Boot Animations

1,359 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,117
 
By RuggedHunter, Senior Member on 18th January 2020, 08:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Are there any themers interested in creating boot animations anymore? I've found a few old threads that I'll share below, but I haven't found any recent threads or posts with .qmg animations.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2757473

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2674233

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2611682

Installing them is a bit more tedious than it used to be since /system has to be modified in TWRP:

- Download and extract your .qmg animations
- Backup existing .qmg files in /system/media
- Boot To Recovery
- Select "Mount"
- Select "System"
- Go back to TWRP home
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "File Manager" and navigate to your stored .qmg files
- Select "bootsamsung.qmg"
- Select "Copy"
- Navigate to /system_root/system/media
- Paste your bootsamsung.qmg here
- Repeat steps 5-10 for bootsamsungloop.qmg and shutdown.qmg
- Go back to TWRP main screen
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "File Manager"
- Select "CHMOD" (rw-r-r)
- Select "bootsamsung.qmg"
- Change value to 0644
- Repeat steps 14-19 for the other to files
- Navigate back to TWRP home
- Select "Mount"
- Deselect /system
- Reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to RuggedHunter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RuggedHunter Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 11:20 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedHunter

Are there any themers interested in creating boot animations anymore? I've found a few old threads that I'll share below, but I haven't found any recent threads or posts with .qmg animations.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2757473

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2674233

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2611682

Installing them is a bit more tedious than it used to be since /system has to be modified in TWRP:

- Download and extract your .qmg animations
- Backup existing .qmg files in /system/media
- Boot To Recovery
- Select "Mount"
- Select "System"
- Go back to TWRP home
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "File Manager" and navigate to your stored .qmg files
- Select "bootsamsung.qmg"
- Select "Copy"
- Navigate to /system_root/system/media
- Paste your bootsamsung.qmg here
- Repeat steps 5-10 for bootsamsungloop.qmg and shutdown.qmg
- Go back to TWRP main screen
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "File Manager"
- Select "CHMOD" (rw-r-r)
- Select "bootsamsung.qmg"
- Change value to 0644
- Repeat steps 14-19 for the other to files
- Navigate back to TWRP home
- Select "Mount"
- Deselect /system
- Reboot

I can make a flashable zip to delete the old bootanimation files and add new ones. As far as creating/modifying the .qmg files, thats beyond my crappy skills . Shoot me a pm with a link to your preferred .qmg images and i'll see what i can do
The Following User Says Thank You to Beetle84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beetle84 Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 11:58 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle84

I can make a flashable zip to delete the old bootanimation files and add new ones. As far as creating/modifying the .qmg files, thats beyond my crappy skills . Shoot me a pm with a link to your preferred .qmg images and i'll see what i can do

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to freeza007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift freeza007 Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 02:34 AM |#4  
gcrutchr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 483
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedHunter

Are there any themers interested in creating boot animations anymore? I've found a few old threads that I'll share below, but I haven't found any recent threads or posts with .qmg animations.

I have made QMG boot animation files for my Note 10.
It is not difficult. I use Samsung Theme Designer (Free).

QMG Files
The Following User Says Thank You to gcrutchr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gcrutchr Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 05:04 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hervey Bay
Thanks Meter: 1,134
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza007

it

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

It?
22nd February 2020, 05:19 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrutchr

I have made QMG boot animation files for my Note 10.
It is not difficult. I use Samsung Theme Designer (Free).

QMG Files

Is there a way to get Samsung Theme Designer without submitting a theme portfolio and being approved?
22nd February 2020, 08:31 AM |#7  
gcrutchr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 483
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregbmil1

Is there a way to get Samsung Theme Designer without submitting a theme portfolio and being approved?

I have uploaded the Samsung Theme Designer to my Goole drive account.
Samsung Theme Designer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gcrutchr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gcrutchr Ad-Free
22nd February 2020, 09:11 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrutchr

I have uploaded the Samsung Theme Designer to my Goole drive account.
Samsung Theme Designer

Thank You, downloading it now. I have to wait till tomorrow to try it out though.

Thanks again!!
22nd February 2020, 11:21 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
More
What about creating a Magisk Module to system-less replace those files?
However, the best thing would be editing system/bin/bootanimation executable in order to use standard bootanimation.zip files...
23rd February 2020, 04:56 AM |#10  
gcrutchr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 483
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninestarkoko

What about creating a Magisk Module to system-less replace those files?
However, the best thing would be editing system/bin/bootanimation executable in order to use standard bootanimation.zip files...

I have been trying to find the source code for the bootanimation executable to use standard bootanimation.zip files. If I could find it, then I could modify it for our Note 10 (snapdragon).
23rd February 2020, 06:53 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Does anyone have the official boot animation from Galaxy Note 10 Star Wars Edition to share? I don't want to install the full ROM but would love that boot animation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes