/* * Your (expired) warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Hi, I'm currently trying to get this device officially supported again as I really love it and it never let me down in the last 5 or so years. It still works amazingly fast and I have no need to replace it with anything else.
As I'm a Java engineer for my day job there is a lot of new stuff here, I had some contact with C/C++ when I studied CS a couple of years ago but never actually wrote anything bigger than two or three files in these languages. This is quite an adventure and I learned a lot already but I'm open for any help you can offer. After all, I'm doing this for fun and getting better at whatever hits me in the face while doing it.
- Hardware Acceleration
- RIL (N8000)
- Wifi (98% of the time?)
- Camera (use OpenCamera, zoom and focus not working currently)
- Setup Wizard: Voice Match installation screen has wrong rotation
- MTP (occasionally crashing)
Not working at all
- RIL (N8020)
Please provide logcat, dmesg, kmsg, steps to reproduce or whatever is appropriate to help me understand the issue.
Here is a link to help you help me: How To Logcat
Device #1: n8000
Device #2: n8013
Device #2: n8020
SoC QC: smdk4412-qcom-common
- Q: Why another thread?!?
- A: The ROM provided by @lirokoa is great but it is based on sources that deviated quite a lot from the official LOS repo, I try to close this gap and get the ROM aligned to the remaining devices based on the SMDK4412 core so that everbody profits from the development going on there. This ultimately means that we can get a 8.x alpha version "soon" after fixing the remaining issues.
- Q: How can I help to improve the ROM?
- A: If you are a developer, I'd be happy to discuss the remaining issues with you and how to approach/solve them. I'm open for pull requests on Github. If you are testing the ROM and can provide log files for issues this is also a great thing, even more so if it is one of the devices I do not own.
- Q: What's up with the performance?
- A: Disable Live Display, it's actually not supported by the GPU (or at least by the current driver)
- Q: The camera is crashing!
- A: Use Open Camera
Credits and Thanks
- all the people that worked/are still working on the smdk4412 device and kernel source code, this wouldn't be possible without their hard work!
- the guys from #lineageos-dev channel for helping me out with my questions
- all the people posting helpful guides in various sections all over the forums
- @lirokoa for the updates and support that helped this device to live on until today
LineageOS 14.1 N8000/N801X/N8020, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Source Code: https://github.com/Viciouss?tab=repositories&q=android
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-03-12