[ROM][Android 7.1.2][N8000/N801x][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

secretwolf98

Jan 30, 2017
Iowa
r5-3600.github.io
Hi @secretwolf98, reading your blog post from the signature I found that you'll abandon your ROM development. I guess this also means that the updated version for N8000/N801x will be discontinued. Is that assumption correct? If so, have you made any changes to the repositories that you want to share or did you just recompile the sources @lirokoa provided?

I didn't do any changes. The final update will be next week or the following week. So stay tuned.

The Nub

Oct 7, 2017
Moto E 2015
Nextbit Robin
Just setup the OS and all that and it appears that the home and recent apps soft buttons don't work? I installed the N8013 version on the tablet, and the tablet is indeed N8013 (I confirmed this before flashing).
I flashed using TWRP version 2.8.6 so could that have caused some complications?

Edit: I'll try the recommended 3.0.2 TWRP in the description and see how it goes, flash it again and such

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Alrighty appears everything worked fine this time around! On screen nav buttons working as they should, along with the gapps. Guess I'm just kinda blind to not see the requirement portion of the *very* first thread.

Last edited:

bateman19

Oct 16, 2018
S-PEN

Hello, thank you for this ROM.

I only wanna know if exist some way to keep using the s-pen , hahaha maybe for the screenshots, make fast notes or something else :p .

Thanks again

Sukram2014

Jun 24, 2014
Cham
There won't be any more updates after that month until there's a freak who will continue updating with lineage sources and does bugfixing for the special things ...

Sukram.

Hartendief

Mar 6, 2011
Antwerpen
Hi Secretwolf,

I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderfull build!
I am currently using it on the N800, and the tablet feels brand new, with no issues whatsoever.

Came from a previous lineage OS build, which was extremely slow.

Used TWRP 2.8.7.0
Installed with a clean install (wipe system, cache, dalvik cache and data).
Installed your ROM and then flashed ARM 7.1 Pico, altough I would advise AROMA 7.1 ARM.

Thanks again !
Cheers

Johanerus

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, having GT-N8010 type P4NOTERF and these are my outcomes
1. - root with CF-Auto-Root-p4notewifiww-p4notewifixx-gtn8010 thru ODIN - OK
2. - installation twrp-2.8.7.0-p4noterf.img - OK (installation twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img was correct too, but I was unable to start TWRP, therefore roll back to 2.8.7.)
3. via TWRP wiped all except SD card - OK
4. installation lineage-14.1-20181103-TESTING-n8013.zip - fail, as my device is not compatible
5. installation lineage-14.1-20181027-TESTING-n8000.zip - OK
6. open_gapps-arm-7.1-nano-20181216.zip - OK
7. reboot
Reboot never finished - at least I wait more than hour. Repeated these steps couple of times with lineage-14.1-20170810-UNOFFICIAL-n8000 and lineage-14.1-20170810-UNOFFICIAL-n8013 with same results.

Any idea what Im unable to complete lineage-14.1-20181027-TESTING-n8000.zip installation correctly?

eChino

Aug 5, 2018
Try the cf.lumen app from play store. Works well for me.
What I don't lime about those apps is that it always looks kinda blury. I loved the built in night mode since it came out. But if there's no way to fix it I'll stick with red moon (I prefer open source playstore)

I'm wondering: in the RR build it worked flawlessly. So there should be a way to fix. Unfortznately I am nit a dev, so no skills to do it on my own

D

Deleted member 2776902

Thank you so much for all of your hard work, this is incredible. I inherited a Galaxy Tab 10.1 (N8013) from my aunt that recently passed away. It was still running the stock 4.1 JB as that's all it ever ran from the day she got it up until today, sad but that's on Samsung. I got her an iPad Air 2 that she mostly used from about 2015 onwards but this still hung around. Before I decided to attempt to root it and look for a newer ROM it had right around 1,200 days of uptime! Insane, but it was usually tethered to a charger, and never had updates to reboot for, so there you go.

So far I rooting with CF root in Odin on the stock ROM, flashed TWRP 3, then this ROM and it's like a breath of fresh air. I may be regifting this in the future to one of my neices that would love it and would love to use the S-pen on it to draw. The CM S-pen add on requires root though, what is the most stable way to root this ROM? I flashed Magisk latest and it caused it to no longer boot up. Not a big deal, but would be handy for that S Pen addon.

Thanks again! It's been a while, last time I used Odin was in 2012/2013 with my Galaxy S3! Had to spin up a Windows VM to use it.

bazinga137

Feb 22, 2014
What I don't lime about those apps is that it always looks kinda blury. I loved the built in night mode since it came out. But if there's no way to fix it I'll stick with red moon (I prefer open source playstore)

Red moon displays an overlay that doesn't really reduce the amount of blue light from your screen. Cf.lumen works with root to actually change the color temperature of your screen, like night mode does.

eChino

Aug 5, 2018
Red moon displays an overlay that doesn't really reduce the amount of blue light from your screen. Cf.lumen works with root to actually change the color temperature of your screen, like night mode does.

Didn't know that, works like a charm, thank you so much for that hint. Have been struggeling with that for quite some time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code​

Requirements:

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?​
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.​

Download:

Sources:
    Code:
    LineageOS 14.1: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/android/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_device_samsung_n8013/tree/cm-14.1[/url]
    Device kernel source code: [url]https://github.com/lirokoa/android_kernel_samsung_n80xx/tree/cm-14.1[/url]

ROM status:
    Testing​

- Secretwolf98
    Like this comment of mine and/or reply to this comment of mine, if you want another update for the N8013 with the latest changes?
    I applied the last commits from @lirokoa to the corresponding LineageOS branch for the samsung hardware and it works. The next step will be applying kernel patches and get the N80xx to be officially supported once again.
    I've been using this for almost a year. It's awesome!

OP - Any plans to try the latest OS?

November 29, 2019
    LineageOS 14.1

Credits:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Samsung Electronics
    Android 7.1.2 - Google Inc.
    @lirokoa - Making the device source code & kernel source code

Requirements:
    twrp-3.0.2-0-n801x.img

Questions:
    Why isn't the keyboard showing?
    Answer: You have to go to Settings --> Language & Inputs --> AOSP Keyboard --> Make sure to set as 'Always show' or something like that.

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=283165

Sources:

ROM status:
    Testing

- Secretwolf98

I'm glad you have the time to continue what I have started since I don't have the time anymore. Good work :)