[ROM][LineageOS][N801x/N8000][ALPHA][10/08/2017]Nougat

Search This thread

dr.alawo

Aug 15, 2017
Hi i could not install this CM14.1 to My N8005. i download the file lineage-14.1 and this happen when installed

Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update package ...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

Can you help me please>> :confused::confused:

ST Dog

Jun 22, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
Hi i could not install this CM14.1 to My N8005. i download the file lineage-14.1 and this happen when installed
[/wuote]

Which version did you get, n8000 or n8013?

The n8000 version should would. But you may need to edit the script that checks the model number (see post #18)

Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update package ...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

Bad download? Try downloading the file again.

Verify md5 sum of what you download.

Last resort, I think you can disable tbe verification in TWRP. But be very sure you have a good download before doing that.

dr.alawo

Aug 15, 2017
[/wuote]

Which version did you get, n8000 or n8013?

The n8000 version should would. But you may need to edit the script that checks the model number (see post #18)

Bad download? Try downloading the file again.

Verify md5 sum of what you download.

Last resort, I think you can disable tbe verification in TWRP. But be very sure you have a good download before doing that.

I try n8000 and n8013 the same problem and i try disable the verification and dosent work..
How can i edit the script that checks the model number!?

RobCampbell

Oct 2, 2014
I just installed this rom and trying to set up and am on the "Bring your data from... A backup from the cloud" but I get the error message "Couldn't sign in. You don't have a network connection. This could be a temporary problem. Try again or connect to another Wi-Fi network." I can't connect to a network because it doesn't ask me to or allow me to access the wifi settings yet so that I can connect to a network.

Komodoketavaran

Oct 20, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Can't get root on this. I tried three different zip files, tried it with supersu on top of ROM + GApps, tried to boot it one time and then flash supersu. Maybe anyone has some advices left for me?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

davidk21770

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Can't get root on this. I tried three different zip files, tried it with supersu on top of ROM + GApps, tried to boot it one time and then flash supersu. Maybe anyone has some advices left for me?

I assume you were rooted before you started...
What usually works for me is to install the ROM and gapps.
Boot and do as little initial set-up as I can get away with.
Boot to recovery. Install either supersu zip or magisk zip (supersu is more stable and reliable, but I think that magisk will take it's place over time - it's boot time modifications are very powerful.)
Reboot.
Open supersu or magisk and enable root.

In a few ROMs, you can enable developer options and there's a root configuration there that can be enabled. This is one of them.
This is not as safe or reliable as supersu or magisk.
Set-up/about. Tap build number 5 times to enable developer options.
Set-up/developer options/manage root access... Enable!
(Now install supersu or magisk ;))

Komodoketavaran

Oct 20, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I assume you were rooted before you started...
What usually works for me is to install the ROM and gapps.
Boot and do as little initial set-up as I can get away with.
Boot to recovery. Install either supersu zip or magisk zip (supersu is more stable and reliable, but I think that magisk will take it's place over time - it's boot time modifications are very powerful.)
Reboot.
Open supersu or magisk and enable root.

In a few ROMs, you can enable developer options and there's a root configuration there that can be enabled. This is one of them.
This is not as safe or reliable as supersu or magisk.
Set-up/about. Tap build number 5 times to enable developer options.
Set-up/developer options/manage root access... Enable!
(Now install supersu or magisk ;))
Thank you for your answer.
Sure I was rooted before. Before I used BlissPop ROM and had root just by flashing latest SuperSu zip.

If I now try to flash this zip, there is even no App Icon in App drawer and no "Apps + ADB" option in developer settings. So i tried another zip. This time there was an icon and above mentioned option enabled. But if an App asks for permission the permission window just freezes, if i try to Update supersu via PlayStore it just finishes download but doesnt install anything. I really dont know what to do [emoji848]

davidk21770

Aug 28, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thank you for your answer.
Sure I was rooted before. Before I used BlissPop ROM and had root just by flashing latest SuperSu zip.

If I now try to flash this zip, there is even no App Icon in App drawer and no "Apps + ADB" option in developer settings. So i tried another zip. This time there was an icon and above mentioned option enabled. But if an App asks for permission the permission window just freezes, if i try to Update supersu via PlayStore it just finishes download but doesnt install anything. I really dont know what to do [emoji848]

I now remember having that supersu problem with this ROM... I do not remember how I got around it, just that I did. I think I had to install supersu from the play store, then let it update in place (not through recovery). I may have enabled it the 1st time through the developer su option.

But I wanted to try magisk so I reinstalled the ROM (dirty - didn't wipe data) and then installed magisk 13.3 through recovery.

Komodoketavaran

Oct 20, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
I now remember having that supersu problem with this ROM... I do not remember how I got around it, just that I did. I think I had to install supersu from the play store, then let it update in place (not through recovery). I may have enabled it the 1st time through the developer su option.

But I wanted to try magisk so I reinstalled the ROM (dirty - didn't wipe data) and then installed magisk 13.3 through recovery.
Hmm that's weird. Root privileges would make this ROM much more nice [emoji14] I think i will play a little more with it when i'm home. I like the classic way more then this magisk thing.
Thank you anyways

dannyella

Jan 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9

Have you tried su addon zip in LineageOS official download page? Works fine for me.

chrismin13

Jun 13, 2014
First off, I want to thank @lirokoa for his hard work on this ROM. This tablet is far from dead. The n801x build alone has almost 1000 downloads already. You can see that people are still actively using this device. So it's great to see a new build and I will be flashing it in a couple of minutes.
Since the Sources were updated, I will try to start building for this device once I'm back from vacation. I don't know much about building Lineage, so I'll be trying my best to learn how to do it. Any help on the subject is very much appreciated.
Thank you once again for the continued support and I hope that you'll hear from me again soon.

RC02

Jun 27, 2016
HTC U11+
First off, I want to thank @lirokoa for his hard work on this ROM. This tablet is far from dead. The n801x build alone has almost 1000 downloads already. You can see that people are still actively using this device. So it's great to see a new build and I will be flashing it in a couple of minutes.
Since the Sources were updated, I will try to start building for this device once I'm back from vacation. I don't know much about building Lineage, so I'll be trying my best to learn how to do it. Any help on the subject is very much appreciated.
Thank you once again for the continued support and I hope that you'll hear from me again soon.
Yes it is. I even hope for a rom based on the coming Android8.0.

Reactions: DroidHiker63

Kelayn

Aug 20, 2017
Excuse me, I'm considering of which lineage to install: this one or official one. So can some1 shortly explain main changes that this rom has?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is a preview build, do not install it if you want a stable ROM.

• This is a preview of what is going down on CM14.1
    • Rom is in beta state so many bugs are to be expected!
    • All the source code is available on my Github.
    • I do this on my free time and unfortunately I don't have much.
    • Any help is a appreciated!

LINKS IN SECOND POST

Source code: https://github.com/lirokoa

CREDITS:
    • The whole Cyanogenmod team
    • Special thanks @dhiru1602 for his awesome work on exynos 4
    • All people who works on the Exynos 4 SOC, they desserve it :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS N801X/N8000, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    lirokoa
    Source Code: https://github.com/lirokoa

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-10
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    -10/08/2017:
    -N801X: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=26049
    -N8000: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=26052
    Changelog:
    - LineageOS update

Old releases :

-05/03/2017:
    -N801X: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=23476
    -N8000: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=23482
    Changelog:
    - LineageOS update

-16/01/2017:
    -N801X: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22630
    -N8000: https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=22631
    Changelog:
    - Welcome LineageOS
    - Power off charging fixed

-09/12/2016:
    -N801X: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21976
    -N8000:http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21998
    Changelog:
    - Android 7.1.1
    - Fixed DRM
    - Attempt to fix wifi tethering

-01/09/2016:
    -N801X: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21696
    -N8000:http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=21924
    How to install:
    Follow the usual procedure, important things is to use supported recovery, you can download it from the download section.
    Also do not forget, wipe everything, install rom, then gapps without reboot between!
    Others recovery will not be supported!
    Also if you come from another ROM, full wipe is required.

FAQ:
    • Which Gapps to use? OpenGapps works great, you can get them from here
    • After installing ROM + Gapss, GApps keep crashing: Just update your recovery with the provided twrp (in cm-13.0 thread)
    • Keyboard does not work: enable hardware keyboard in settings.
    • If you don't want to see cursor while using S-Pen, you can disable it it in settings / inputs
    • Camera is not working: use google camera

SECURITY WARNING:
    SElinux is set to permissive, I'm tired of rewriting those rules...
    Charging while tablet is off will be fixed in next release for those who are interested.
    New build incoming.
    N8013 is up, N8000 will follow.

N8000 users, please let me know if wifi tethering is fixed, thank you.