How does Lineage 14.1 run?

Search This thread
I just got a pristine P600 from Ebay. Looks brand new but of course, it's on Lollipop. I am running Lineage 14.1 on couple phones and it runs fine. Just wanted to check here and see if the Lineage users are happy with the way it runs on this tablet. I've got the files downloaded and ready to go once I get some positive feedback. OTOH, if you tried it and don't like it (or something didn't work as it should), I'd like to hear about that also. Main usage with be surfing with Chrome, reading NYTImes, watching movies on plane trips, and occasional shopping on Amazon and Ebay. Thanks.

Linuxmon

Jan 21, 2011
Lexington, KY
I have a P605 and a P607 running Lineage 14.1 and Resurrection Remix respectively and I won't go back. Both run smooth and fast. I watch Amazon Prime, use VLC for videos, Instagram, Chrome, etc with no issues. The only thing not working is the Samsung s-pen thing. The pen works great but not the auto touchwiz stuff, but I never really used that anyway. All thanks goes to Davidmueller13 for his excellent ports. I've tried the Android Oreo (8.0) but too many things do not work yet (gps I use a lot) so I went back to 7.1.2.
Good Luck, YMMV as others are doing ports for your P600 but I'm sure they are excellent devs also.
Linuxmon

Reactions: lmacmil

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
I have a P605 and a P607 running Lineage 14.1 and Resurrection Remix respectively and I won't go back. Both run smooth and fast. I watch Amazon Prime, use VLC for videos, Instagram, Chrome, etc with no issues. The only thing not working is the Samsung s-pen thing. The pen works great but not the auto touchwiz stuff, but I never really used that anyway. All thanks goes to Davidmueller13 for his excellent ports. I've tried the Android Oreo (8.0) but too many things do not work yet (gps I use a lot) so I went back to 7.1.2.
Good Luck, YMMV as others are doing ports for your P600 but I'm sure they are excellent devs also.
Linuxmon

Dont the wifi version of this tablet and the LTE versions have different processors? I have the wifi and Resurrection laggs really bad for me. I tried different governors and what not and nothing helped. Switched to the official Lineage 7.1.2 and it is definitely better, but still kinda laggy.

Reactions: lmacmil

RXT00

Nov 11, 2013
I have the P600 as well. Tried LineageOS but I keep getting bugs. Ressurection Remix and AICP run very smooth for me with the default interactive governor. I've watched movies and browsed with no lag and it saves a ton of battery compared to TouchWiz.

Right now I recommend RR because users have been getting crashes lately on AICP.

Orbital_Logic

Sep 6, 2016
I just got the same thing.. Possibly from the same vendor???? It had twrp installed and they didn't reset it oproperly so it kept two backups still from previous owners. I couldn't get it to update through the settings menu, so I flashed the lp bootloader, then flashed LOS 14.1 and its running fantastically. No Problems whatsoever. Pertaining to your question, I wanted to know, what are the optimum settings to run autodesk sketchbook pro/ Corel painter, infinite studio and record my screen activity? I've gotten screencam from the fdroid repo and want to simultaneously record my screen activity while I draw and post art lessons on YouTube/facebook etc etc.

What does 'force GPU rendering' do? Does screencam run as a background process?

What is an adiutor and how do I go about optimizing my hardware using the one suggested in the official los 14 thread?

Not to hijack your question, but it all seemed pertinent to here so I figured I'd post here instead of a new thread. Thoughts?

I'm having zero problems with s pen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Linuxmon
    Linuxmon

Dont the wifi version of this tablet and the LTE versions have different processors? I have the wifi and Resurrection laggs really bad for me. I tried different governors and what not and nothing helped. Switched to the official Lineage 7.1.2 and it is definitely better, but still kinda laggy.