Originally Posted by dudeian
I am new to the xda forums and I have been researching about rooting my note 10.1 2014 p600 (WIFI). I have three questions about rooting my device.
1. How would I update my tab with root? I heard you can't get OTA updates.
2. What is the best and safest way to root?
3. How do I get TWRP and is it good?
I haven't installed knox on it yet and I am a beginner to linux and have done research so I know what root is.
Ok, First, for the p600 if you root, you will trip Knox which will void your warranty and there is no way around this and this is the only way to root your model (p600), If you don't care about warranty then continue...
1) Download this file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ixx-smp600.zip
then unzip, you will see this file CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5.
2) Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen to get to download mode (Odin mode).
1.Flash the CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 file with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
2.Let it do its trick! boot up then go to play store download and install supersu in order to update supersu to the latest binary.
3. Boot back into Odin mode and flash TWRP version 184.108.40.206 found here https://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/lt03wifiue/