About to buy - question on OS and Home button placement

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
As the subject stated:

1. If I buy this tablet today, would it have 4.3? I don't want Kit Kat because of the SD card issue and VPN issue
2. The Home button is on the side. I now have an iPad Air for work and most of the time hold the tablet in portrait mode. With this tablet, wouldn't I keep accidentally touching the Home button and/or soft key?

blindmanpb

Nov 11, 2010
As the subject stated:

1. If I buy this tablet today, would it have 4.3? I don't want Kit Kat because of the SD card issue and VPN issue
2. The Home button is on the side. I now have an iPad Air for work and most of the time hold the tablet in portrait mode. With this tablet, wouldn't I keep accidentally touching the Home button and/or soft key?
1. Probably depends on what country you are purchasing the tablet in. I sell a lot of these in the US, and for the past 2 months, they have all had 4.4.2 out of the box. I assume it would be the same for any country that has had the 4.4.2 update released.
2. You can always rotate the tablet 180°. If you're holding it in your left hand, have the buttons on the right. If you're holding it in your right hand, have the buttons on the left.

Reactions: lanwarrior

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
1. Probably depends on what country you are purchasing the tablet in. I sell a lot of these in the US, and for the past 2 months, they have all had 4.4.2 out of the box. I assume it would be the same for any country that has had the 4.4.2 update released.
2. You can always rotate the tablet 180°. If you're holding it in your left hand, have the buttons on the right. If you're holding it in your right hand, have the buttons on the left.

You mentioned you sell a lot of these. I assume you also deal with customer warranty issue?

I am just wondering because there is no root for the SM-P600 without tripping KNOX. If I root, KNOX tripped, and I need to send to Samsung for warranty, I am afraid Samsung will reject it and I am out of $600.

blindmanpb

Nov 11, 2010
No, I don't deal with anything warranty-related, so I'm not entirely sure how that works.

However, I have heard varying reports on KNOX tripped devices and warranty status. Seems to be mostly luck of the draw. If there is no way that rooting could have caused the issue, it seems some people have still had their warranties honored. But this is just what I've heard, and isn't anything official.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the subject stated: