FORUMS

Note 10 Lite bricked after attempting to install Magisk

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By jackmax9999, Junior Member on 3rd May 2020, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I attempted to install Magisk on my stock Note 10 Lite following the official instructions.
As far as I can tell, I did everything right - I made sure to unlock the bootloader and set up the phone again afterwards. Now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop - after holding Vol Down + Power it reboots and goes to the same screen regardless which buttons I hold. The worst thing is that now phone isn't visible to ODIN so I don't know how to proceed or go back to stock. I can't even turn the phone off, thanks non-removable battery! Any tips what to do next or did I buy a $430 paperweight?

EDIT: Fixed! What I had to do was:
1. Unplug the phone from the PC, restart the phone by holding Vol Down + Power
2. After the screen goes off, immediately hold Vol Up + Vol Down
3. Plug in the phone to the PC while still holding the buttons (do this quick while the screen is still off)
4. Press Vol Up on the menu to enter download mode
Now I'm back to stock, but at least I can try again doing it differently.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackmax9999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackmax9999 Ad-Free
4th May 2020, 01:35 AM |#2  
springfield.il
Thanks Meter: 4,704

More
Dang...sorry about that. If you figure something out let us know. Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, hope this isnt going to be an issue across the board....my bad I see you fixed it. Yeah that quick button combo will get you back to download mode

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
5th May 2020, 02:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Follow-up: I managed to install Magisk by following this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...03&postcount=2 - the instructions are only partial though, maybe I'll write a guide with links to all the software you need. Then I installed Audio Modification Library and ViPER4Android FX and everything works I'm upgrading from Note 4, so at least I won't lose my favourite audio mods!

If you need some help installing root on yours feel free to send me a DM
The Following User Says Thank You to jackmax9999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackmax9999 Ad-Free
5th May 2020, 04:47 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 706

Donate to Me
More
thanks sir. .ive been waiting for a guide on rooting this device . .please do so. Ill wait for your post
5th May 2020, 10:41 PM |#5  
springfield.il
Thanks Meter: 4,704

More
If I find the time I will write something up as rooting was very easy. But as stated above there are a few steps missing. Zarchiver from play store is a great tool to extract and rename what you need.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)