FORUMS

Custom ROM, anybody willing to sponsor a developer?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By RyuTenuki, Junior Member on 11th June 2020, 03:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Reading this forum it seems most of us desire a custom ROM for the Note 10 Lite but developers don't seem to be interested.

This is of course their prerogative, but if there is enough support perhaps we can persuade somebody to work on it for us since our group skill set seems to be limited to rooting (which is still a great achievement).

I, for one, would be happy to contribute funds towards the development of a custom ROM along the lines of LineageOS (or otherwise) currently available for the Note 10 and Note 10+.

Obviously the reason many of us chose this phone was due to the lower price and so we can't be expected to pay top dollar individually. But if there is enough interest from enough people in this group maybe our combined funds could persuade a developer to work on a custom ROM for us.

1. Anybody else willing to contribute?

2. Anybody know a developer that way inclined?

3. Ideas on a ballpark figure?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RyuTenuki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RyuTenuki Ad-Free
14th June 2020, 06:37 AM |#2  
springfield.il
Thanks Meter: 4,760

More
We are getting thereClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200614-003538_Nova%20Launcher.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	5040501

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
17th June 2020, 07:10 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchieboy

We are getting thereAttachment 5040501

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Ahh right I didn't realise you were working on it! I wondered what that screenshot was about in the other thread...

Thanks for working on this. I'm sure that you will receive donations from the many grateful users here on this forum. Godspeed.
17th June 2020, 07:49 AM |#4  
springfield.il
Thanks Meter: 4,760

More
A friend of mine that is a developer is working on things. Screen shot was me testing what he has so far.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
17th June 2020, 07:54 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Sure, well it'll be your friend that receives the donations then! Maybe he'll buy you a beer...

Keep us in the loop with the development.

Cheers!
23rd June 2020, 01:29 PM |#6  
Flag Sharjah

More
Just to add on, I'd be another one of those people who'd be willing to drop a donation when it comes out!
Cheers, mate
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)