FORUMS

Root/SM-N770F/TGY

8,214 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,704

By butchieboy, Senior Member on 7th May 2020, 06:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the root method I used on my Note 10 Lite (TGY HONGKONG) Version.
I should add that the build number that I used the root method on is N770FZHS2ATC2. This method is very easy if you take your time. THIS WILL ALSO WIPE YOUR DEVICE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEVICE OR SD CARD DAMAGE.

BEFORE PROCEEDING, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.

YOU CAN FIND THE FIRMWARE YOU NEED ON SAMMOBILE OR FRIJA. SAMMOBILE WILL SEVERAL VERSIONS FOR YOUR DEVICE, FRIJA WILL ONLY HAVE THE LATEST VERSION.

1. Download the firmware for your device.
2.Load Zarchiver from playstore.
3.Open Zarchiver and locate the firmware you downloaded.
4.Click on the firmware, a menu will appear at the bottom. You will then have option to extract.
5. Extract the firmware and you will have files..AP..BL..CP..CSC..and HOME_CSC. The only file we need is AP
6.Click on AP file and rename AP_N770xxxx.md5 to AP_N770xxxxx.tar so your just highlighting the file and removing md5 so it only says .tar at the end.
7.Once you have renamed AP file click and again you will be given the option to extract. Once extracted, locate boot.img.lz4
8.Then extract boot.img.lz4 leaving you with boot.img
9.You should have Magisk manager installed on device. Use Magisk to patch the boot.img. once patched locate magisk_patched.img and rename to boot.img
10.Return to Zarchiver locate the patched boot.img and compress to boot.tar.
11. Move compressed boot.tar to computer and rename to boot.img.tar
12.Put device in download mode, open odin 3.14.4 and put the boot.img.tar in AP and click start. Once odin says pass, your device will boot to stock recovery and you will have to do a factory reset so save anything you need before doing this.
13.once device boots reinstall Magisk manager and follow prompts. You should now have a rooted device.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 07:09 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200507-005641_Root%20Checker%20Basic.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	5013349

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk
Attachment 5013369
The Following User Says Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 01:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 706

Donate to Me
More
No need to unlock bootloader sir? Thank you so much for this guide

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

what app did you use to download firmware
7th May 2020, 02:51 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More
So sorry will change OP

7th May 2020, 02:59 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near_07

No need to unlock bootloader sir? Thank you so much for this guide

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

what app did you use to download firmware

OP update, thank you for point this out. Yes bootloader needs to be unlocked. Sammobile has the FIRMWARE and correct Odin but is very slow to download unless you have a paid account. Frija is very fast but only provides LATEST firmware. I live in United States using At&t and had no issues. This process should work on devices from different regions I know it also works on United Arab Emirates csc, as a developer I know has that VERSION.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butchieboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift butchieboy Ad-Free
10th May 2020, 02:35 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
10th May 2020, 09:43 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More
You can also use Gravity Box Xposed

14th May 2020, 11:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 706

Donate to Me
More
What version is your GB and exposed tnx
15th May 2020, 12:22 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
springfield.il

More
8GB version and Xposed Modules can be found in Magisk Manager

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
17th May 2020, 03:51 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchieboy

OP update, thank you for point this out. Yes bootloader needs to be unlocked. Sammobile has the FIRMWARE and correct Odin but is very slow to download unless you have a paid account. Frija is very fast but only provides LATEST firmware. I live in United States using At&t and had no issues. This process should work on devices from different regions I know it also works on United Arab Emirates csc, as a developer I know has that VERSION.

First off, thank you for the Guide!
When using on AT&T, does WiFi Calling, HD Voice, Visual Voicemail work? I haven't purchased this phone yet but very interested in it. I have an Unlocked Note 10+ but had to flash the AT&T Carrier CSC so I can get those functions to work. I have crappy AT&T service where I live and Wifi Calling & HD Voice are essential for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)