FORUMS

The 45W charger really is worthless

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By AllanRSS, Member on 20th June 2020, 01:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I know this is old news, but I still encountered a large enough group of people saying that the 45w charger is useful for quick charges at under 60%, and that it could get you an extra 10% on a 15min charge, so I decided to get one for myself. Keep in mind I never discharge my phone under 20% and only charge to 75%. I have my phone record charging wattage, battery temp, and percentage of charge and log it to a file. I made sure my acc magisk module had a temp cutoff of 40C and the cooldown ratio was null.

The highest wattage this charger has ever delivered is 32W. It very rarely exceeds 25W and almost never achieves wattages over 30. My tests were done in a cool room and the battery temperature never exceeded 36C.

I believe the highest charging wattage I have achieved with the stock charger is 23. That makes charging with this enormous 45W charger and its thicker cable a bit of a joke. Seriously this thing is huge, and a waste of money. I paid $30 and Im not happy.
20th June 2020, 04:29 AM |#2  
Flag Singapore, Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Unless I'm mistaken, the Note 10 only supports 25w fast charging. Note 10+ supports 45w.

If you have the regular Note 10 then frankly I would not risk damaging it with an unsupported charger for such minor gains. I would try to sell it and recoup some of that money.
20th June 2020, 05:13 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
😬 sorry I didn't realize I clicked to the wrong forun
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)