FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ArmadilloTek case

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By M_R_M, Member on 21st September 2019, 03:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I will say that I received this as a promotion from the manufacturer but the review is my unbiased opinion.

This is a good quality case that will offer outstanding protection

It's a handsome case that fits the phone very nicely. It has a nice size lip around the top and bottom to protect the screen. It's not as bulky as some of the other cases and still fits nicely in your pocket. I really like it and will use it for a while to get a better feel for it.

I have also found that although the metal plate for my Imagnet mount fits nicely inside, the case is too thick to let it work properly. It would be nice if a case manufacturer would embed a metal surround inside the plastic that would still allow wireless charging and work with magnetic mounts.

What I dislike is the little flapper door over the USB port. I know it serves a purpose but it bothers me. I'm also not a fan of the little molded in head bolts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-20 17.17.04.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	4823397   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-20 17.17.51.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	4823399   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-20 17.18.31.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	4823401   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-09-20 17.23.03.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	4823405  
The Following User Says Thank You to M_R_M For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M_R_M Ad-Free
24th September 2019, 11:32 PM |#2  
Flag Tempe
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_R_M

I will say that I received this as a promotion from the manufacturer but the review is my unbiased opinion.

This is a good quality case that will offer outstanding protection

It's a handsome case that fits the phone very nicely. It has a nice size lip around the top and bottom to protect the screen. It's not as bulky as some of the other cases and still fits nicely in your pocket. I really like it and will use it for a while to get a better feel for it.

I have also found that although the metal plate for my Imagnet mount fits nicely inside, the case is too thick to let it work properly. It would be nice if a case manufacturer would embed a metal surround inside the plastic that would still allow wireless charging and work with magnetic mounts.

What I dislike is the little flapper door over the USB port. I know it serves a purpose but it bothers me. I'm also not a fan of the little molded in head bolts.

Got mine yesterday, I don't mind the charging cover at all. You can cut it off if it bothers you
22nd October 2019, 01:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Links´╝č
23rd October 2019, 09:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It's on Amazon.

I also considered this against the Otterbox Defender (Pro), but went with the Otterbox just for the added protection and easy B&M return if it didn't work out. The Armadillo looks better than most for drop protection, though.

What most put me off are those fake hex screws. They scream low-quality in their bad faith attempt to fool you into thinking this is like some screw-down case.. Why did they even try that? They didn't even change the orientation of each screw (not that it would have fooled me much).
21st November 2019, 03:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have had mine for about a week and I'm not very happy with it the stand is loose and flops about and it falls open the buttons are lack luster they are very hard to actuate and not raised from the phone far enough to distinguish between the case and the normal side of the phone I'm let down
22nd November 2019, 03:48 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acw124798

I have had mine for about a week and I'm not very happy with it the stand is loose and flops about and it falls open the buttons are lack luster they are very hard to actuate and not raised from the phone far enough to distinguish between the case and the normal side of the phone I'm let down

Odd about the kick stand. I always found it to be firmly locked in place once it was clicked in properly. I agree on the buttons. It does take some concentration to find them sometimes. But they always seemed to operate properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)