I'm impressed with the built in screen protector

Search This thread
I am more impressed with the built in screen protector after one week. I've tried film screen protectors before and they showed marks from the s.Pen this one doesn't (yet). And the fingerprint works fine. I know it doesn't help much if you drop the phone but helps re scratches. I've always found that the glass screen protectors eventually attract dust on the sides. Im also using the included case for now which too is not bad.. What's your thoughts.

Reactions: villadecai

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
I am more impressed with the built in screen protector after one week. I've tried film screen protectors before and they showed marks from the s.Pen this one doesn't (yet). And the fingerprint works fine. I know it doesn't help much if you drop the phone but helps re scratches. I've always found that the glass screen protectors eventually attract dust on the sides. Im also using the included case for now which too is not bad.. What's your thoughts.

I thought it was excellent but mine had to marks underneath out of the box and I was worried that it was the actual display that was marked so I pulled it off and it was the actual screen protector that was marked,been a pain in the arse since getting a protector that is decent

Wish I never removed it :silly:

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Its quite nice but mine is scratched all over and I'm not rough on the phone at all. I'll probably just leave it on, scratches and all. I am not wasting money on a Dome or some Tempered Glass solution that is cheaper that isn't going to fit or work well.

Reactions: magichoward
I had the S10+ Which also came with a screen protector but I honestly think Samsung did something to improve it - the one that came on my Note 10+ seems better than on the S10+ I had.

For what it's worth, I also don't want to spend the money on Glass - and don't want one where I have to put liquid on the screen to get it to work -I never had any luck with those - BUT, there are some very good plastic screen protectors that work exceptionally well, are easy to install and will make a good alternative if you need to replace the one that came with the phone.

The One I found that I like best is the Otao Screen Protector on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/OTAO-Protector-Coverage-Friendly-Anti-Bubble/dp/B07VHBNRJP/ref=sr_1_25?keywords=screen+protector+note+10+plus&qid=1567359663&s=gateway&sr=8-25

The Video they posted on amazon definitely helps you install it perfectly and it is very affordable - just over 7 bucks and you get two of them.

Looks good - works great - lasts a long time (It did on my S10+ and I am sure it will on my Note 10+ as well.

THere are others that are also good, but this is the one I found that I like the most. Good luck....

Reactions: villadecai

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Its quite nice but mine is scratched all over and I'm not rough on the phone at all. I'll probably just leave it on, scratches and all. I am not wasting money on a Dome or some Tempered Glass solution that is cheaper that isn't going to fit or work well.

This is the downside of in-screen sensors. I personally like matter screen protectors which don't show marks, fingerprints and look clean. I don't want to buy one for it to not be compatible with the sensor. Any info if matte screen protectors might work?

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
the glass ones dont work well with fingerprint sensor. I wouldn't waste your money! I bought a 360 deg case and it doesnt work on that either.

Shame sammy doesnt sell the one that came on the phone. Mine protector has a scratch on it already though I was on hols last week and it could've been sand so its saved the screen!

Last edited:

marcgear

Feb 9, 2013
Wolverhampton
the glass ones dont work well with fingerprint sensor. I wouldn't waste your money! I bought a 360 deg case and it doesnt work on that either.

Shame sammy doesnt sell the one that came on the phone. Mine protector has a scratch on it already though I was on hols last week and it could've been sand so its saved the screen!

Same, sand and s-view cover bad idea lol. Got fair few pits in the protection.

GallardosEggrollShop

Oct 27, 2007
The Hill
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I do like the built-in screen protector but as other people have mentioned, mine already has scratches on it nothing deep or crazy but it works fine for now. I've pre-ordered a Whitestone Dome, though expensive, I have mastered the process to the point that I don't make a mess. I've been using them since my Note8 and have had no complaints. Hell, it's even protected my screen when I've dropped it face down. The Dome cracked but my screen underneath was intact. I am a bit concerned about the Fingerprint scanner since it's not the greatest at recognizing my fingerprint but ah well.

tl08newbie

Jan 21, 2013
The tempered glass screen protectors DO NOT WORK !!!!I'm on my third one. The sensor does not pick up.....I may just rock it raw dawg!!

senectus

Dec 14, 2004
Perth
I'm typically not a screen protector sort of person, but it was a week before i even noticed that the note 10+ had one on it.. I'm so impressed i'm leaving it on.

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Yeah, I'm staying too on this one untill I buy whitestone dome as always! Hope that it works on this phone too with spigen tough armour; s8, s9+, note 9 works withouth problems!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
If they would sell this for cheap i would buy like 10. They get scratch easily but is so clear, finger glide and doesnt leave fingerprint. They only problem would be installation since this plastic screen protectors are a paint to get a perfect installation

vicmora5

Dec 6, 2010
My son sent an email to Samsung, telling them that his screen protector for his S10+ was damaged after several months of use, and they sent him a replacement!

How did he got about this? Mine fell off my bed over night on literally the first night I had it and the screen protector did its job ?caught on the side of the bed and took a big scratch

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It would be nice if Samsung provided a service where a new screen protector can be reapplied when original one is worn out.

My son sent an email to Samsung, telling them that his screen protector for his S10+ was damaged after several months of use, and they sent him a replacement!
    I had the S10+ Which also came with a screen protector but I honestly think Samsung did something to improve it - the one that came on my Note 10+ seems better than on the S10+ I had.

For what it's worth, I also don't want to spend the money on Glass - and don't want one where I have to put liquid on the screen to get it to work -I never had any luck with those - BUT, there are some very good plastic screen protectors that work exceptionally well, are easy to install and will make a good alternative if you need to replace the one that came with the phone.

The One I found that I like best is the Otao Screen Protector on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/OTAO-Protector-Coverage-Friendly-Anti-Bubble/dp/B07VHBNRJP/ref=sr_1_25?keywords=screen+protector+note+10+plus&qid=1567359663&s=gateway&sr=8-25

The Video they posted on amazon definitely helps you install it perfectly and it is very affordable - just over 7 bucks and you get two of them.

Looks good - works great - lasts a long time (It did on my S10+ and I am sure it will on my Note 10+ as well.

THere are others that are also good, but this is the one I found that I like the most. Good luck....

This is the downside of in-screen sensors. I personally like matter screen protectors which don't show marks, fingerprints and look clean. I don't want to buy one for it to not be compatible with the sensor. Any info if matte screen protectors might work?