FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REVIEW] Phantomskinz Ultra Clear Full Body

2,492 posts
Thanks Meter: 492

By stu5797, Senior Member on 5th September 2019, 02:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have used and tried all screen protectors in the past from Zagg, Skinomi, Dbrand etc but I find myself always going back to Phantomskinz. In my opinion, Phantomskinz has the best overall feel of any one of them. This full body ultra clear gives the phone an amazing grip and it also gives it this glass like smooth feeling. I paid to upgrade my shipping speed since they just released it on Friday and I am glad I did! This is a wet install process so you need to take your time and wait over night for the bubbles to go away. I love this screen protector because I can keep the natural beauty of the phone with the amazing protection this skin offers. I showed my wife and she could not even tell the full body screen protector was on the phone, lol.
I tested my phantomskinz with the fingerprint lock screen and the SPen and everything worked flawlessly. To all those who bought this Phantomskinz, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I attached are some pics… Came out Awesome! Highly recommend!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6400.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	4815357   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6398.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	4815358   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6399.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	4815359   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6397.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	4815360  
The Following User Says Thank You to stu5797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stu5797 Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 05:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

I have used and tried all screen protectors in the past from Zagg, Skinomi, Dbrand etc but I find myself always going back to Phantomskinz. In my opinion, Phantomskinz has the best overall feel of any one of them. This full body ultra clear gives the phone an amazing grip and it also gives it this glass like smooth feeling. I paid to upgrade my shipping speed since they just released it on Friday and I am glad I did! This is a wet install process so you need to take your time and wait over night for the bubbles to go away. I love this screen protector because I can keep the natural beauty of the phone with the amazing protection this skin offers. I showed my wife and she could not even tell the full body screen protector was on the phone, lol.
I tested my phantomskinz with the fingerprint lock screen and the SPen and everything worked flawlessly. To all those who bought this Phantomskinz, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. I attached are some pics… Came out Awesome! Highly recommend!

Certainly looks good. I've used Skinomi full body for years and been very happy with it. But you say you like it even better, having tried many. I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the info.
10th September 2019, 02:18 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
I've had this installed a few weeks and it's still awesome. So glad I have this installed!
11th September 2019, 07:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

I've had this installed a few weeks and it's still awesome. So glad I have this installed!

Nice!

Hard to tell from the pictures, does the front facing camera have the film cut out, or does it cover it?
12th September 2019, 07:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,030

More
About to buy this but I can decide over edge to edge or case friendly version for the screen. I want edge to edge but I'm afraid my spigen case will screw it up. Anyone use the edge to edge with a case?
14th September 2019, 12:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
I have the edge to edge and love it. I don't know if it fits with the Spigen case but edge to edge looks beautiful with the Samsung silicone case.
14th September 2019, 12:39 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
The front camera does not have a cut out and I was concerned about that as well until I put it on. Works awesome with the front camera and no cut out! Pretty cool
14th September 2019, 04:38 PM |#8  
UK
Thanks Meter: 357

More
How is the S Pen feel for notes?
14th September 2019, 06:19 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
Like you are writing on glass
The Following User Says Thank You to stu5797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stu5797 Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 08:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,030

More
Ok I ended up with the case friendly version and I think this will go better with both my hybrid tpu/hard plastic case. I love that it had another layer on top that you will have to remove after applying it. This allowed me to use my credit card to squeeze out the water without scratching the actual protector under it. It also made it easier to install as the clear top layer kept it firm so I was able to move it better into position without it bending or stretching. I still have some water bubbles so just waiting for those to go away so I can give a final thought on it. But so far, the cut is perfect for the back and both front and back are slippery smooth. Not like the actual glass but pretty damn close.

In comparison, I bought the slick wraps naked a week ago and install was a PITA. It had no backing support and was just the film itself when applying it on the phone. So squeezing out the excess water was tough. Also the film stretches like a MF and it wasn't cut right, particularly on the camera cut out. Wasn't sure if the edge wasnt cut right either but both the sides went over the glass into the alum frame so it would not stick. I had 2 skins and both had same issue.

I definitely recommend phantomskinz over slickwrap when it comes to install and cut size.
The Following User Says Thank You to aznmode For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aznmode Ad-Free
17th September 2019, 08:22 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio

More
Awesome! I have a hard time explaining that it almost feels like glass. One of those things you have to see/try to believe. I love it! I had some water as well but once I went to bed and woke up it was absolutely perfect!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)