FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Review] ZeroLemon 5,000 mAh battery case review

2,181 posts
Thanks Meter: 889

By optimummind, Senior Member on 2nd December 2019, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
It's been a while since I've contributed a battery case review on XDA, and I wanted to share my experience with you guys about the ZL 5,000 mAh battery case for the Note10. As usual, this kind of case if not for everyone -- it's only for those who don't mind the extra bulk and weight and want to extend the charge of your phone for as long as possible without carrying around a power bank and charging cables. Sometimes, it's just more convenient to carry a single (heavier) item.

I don't use this kind of case every day but I do use it occasionally when I'm going out somewhere where I know I'll be using the camera and GPS a lot (e.g., road trips, festivals, fairs, theme parks). It's especially useful for the holidays.

I've been using ZL battery cases since the days of the Galaxy S4 and I must say that this is the best design yet in terms of build quality, build materials, and compatibility with glass screen protectors.

The texture of the case feels dense, durable, and high-quality. Fitment is also perfect, with all the buttons and ports correctly aligned and easily accessible. What made me the most happy was that there were no issues with my glass screen protector -- no lifting, no peeling off in the corners, and no undue pressure.

I also liked the performance of the cameras was not affected. The same can't be said for the audio, however. The audio became a little bit hollower sounding and a little muffled. The difference with and without the case wasn't dramatic but still noticeable.

In terms of battery charging speed and battery life extension, I'm totally satisfied. Using the GPS for hours and taking hundreds of pics and tens of videos got me through a 12-hour day easily. I think most people will be just fine with this 5,000 mAh battery case and can skip the bigger and heavier 8,000 mAh case.

Here are some pictures I took:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yj...FvsJ5I8WdugAkc

Some people like seeing number scoring and I rate the case a 9 out of 10. One point is deducted for the slightly lessened audio quality.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to optimummind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimummind Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)