FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos)

2,008 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,457

By geiti94, Senior Member on 27th August 2019, 03:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.3.1

Exynos ONLY.
In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

Special Notes:
1. DON'T FORGET TO ENABLE "OEM UNLOCK" (located in Developers options).
2. KNOX will be tripped once you flashed custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
3. Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries.
(You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
4. All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder and maybe more will no more work

Download: Note 10(Exynos variants - N970/971/975/976/N/F/B)
Download

Sources:
TWRP Tree and kernel source

Changelog:
Changelog:
- Fixed MTP using FFS_MTP in recovery (Thx to @bigbiff for add FFS MTP support on TWRP 3.3.0. FFS_MTP dont corrupts large files like the mtp used by samsung in the roms)
- Removed File Based backups because the phone refuses to boot from filebased backups since they breaks the rootfs

-Initial Release

Bugs:
-No one

Telegram Group
https://t.me/twrp_n10

XDA:DevDB Information
[RECOVERY] TWRP for Galaxy Note 10 (Exynos), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Contributors
geiti94
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-27

Created 2019-08-27
Last Updated 2019-09-14
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free

27th August 2019, 03:57 PM |#2  
Guide:
  1. Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
  2. power off the device and boot in download mode with power + vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
  3. in download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
  4. unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
  5. after bootloader unlock boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or he triggers rmm prenormal
  6. setup the phone without google account etc
  7. reboot in download mode and flash the magisk prepatched tar for your device with odin in the AP field (if you want to patch twrp byself download unpatched tar and select it in magisk manager. patched tar is in downloads folder after patch)
  8. hold vol up + power button while odin is flashing until you are in twrp.
  9. format data in twrp
  10. flash the multidisabler zip by ian in twrp
  11. press reboot to recovery in twrp for boot rooted with magisk.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 05:42 PM |#3  
so since i am not all the time here on xda here is a telegram group link. use it for report bugs etc since i dont read all the time the complete thread here https://t.me/twrp_n10
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
27th August 2019, 11:15 PM |#4  
so multidisabler is updated to v2 and stock rom boots again normaly sammy added 2 more encryption in the n10 that needed to get disabled

Magisk Patched builds are now uploaded too for the one that dont wants to patch byself
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geiti94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geiti94 Ad-Free
31st August 2019, 10:05 AM |#5  
Flag Cedar Rapids
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Great work! Stuck with the snapdragon hopefully something pops up for us.
1st September 2019, 01:52 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thanks! For some reason it doesn't detect my sim after flashing this. Anyone else have this issue?
I've got root working fine but no TWRP yet
4th September 2019, 12:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
is it once rooted there is no way to get back Samsung pay ?

Also I root my phones only for Ads away for youtube app and youtube app being able to play in the background with screen off

Is there any ways we can have these without rooting ?
4th September 2019, 04:31 AM |#8  
DC
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalanleung123

Also I root my phones only for Ads away for youtube app and youtube app being able to play in the background with screen off

Is there any ways we can have these without rooting ?

Easy, just Pay for premium YouTube
5th September 2019, 01:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=bboyalanleung123;80178797]is it once rooted there is no way to get back Samsung pay ?

Is there any ways we can have these without rooting ?[/QUOTE

Youtube vance
7th September 2019, 10:39 AM |#10  
Flag tel aviv
Thanks Meter: 20

More
No root needed for that
[QUOTE=ahno banaag;80185120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalanleung123

Is there any ways we can have these without rooting ?[/QUOTE

Youtube vance

If you root your phone just for you tube ad away you don't need. Just install you tube vanced for not rooted phone and you good to go 😉
8th September 2019, 09:49 AM |#11  
Flag Folkestone
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=Gilad.i;80198195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahno banaag

If you root your phone just for you tube ad away you don't need. Just install you tube vanced for not rooted phone and you good to go

Don't forget to install micro g with YouTube vanced too.
I used to root just for adaway and YouTube mods, but with ad guard and YouTube vanced I feel I no longer need to root my devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)