FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

App Lock

244 posts
Thanks Meter: 22
 
By flyingjack, Senior Member on 1st November 2019, 09:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Coming from Xiaomi and Oneplus, both offering a native app lock option. I am just having my Note 10 since yesterday and running 10 Beta but cannot find anything that looks like app lock settings.


Please advice whether there ist anything coming with this phone....no third party app!!!!! must bei native and no secured folder stuff....need to have Outlook,. WhatsApp etc in the Home-Screen.

Thx a lot for your support!
1st November 2019, 05:11 PM |#2  
pvillasuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 666
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack

Coming from Xiaomi and Oneplus, both offering a native app lock option. I am just having my Note 10 since yesterday and running 10 Beta but cannot find anything that looks like app lock settings.


Please advice whether there ist anything coming with this phone....no third party app!!!!! must bei native and no secured folder stuff....need to have Outlook,. WhatsApp etc in the Home-Screen.

Thx a lot for your support!

App Lock is there , I'm using it
But you have to enable it , using a CSC features manager , like the one on the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191101-090709.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	4863037  
1st November 2019, 06:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Thx a lot for this hint.....does this tool require an unlocked BL?
1st November 2019, 11:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillasuso

App Lock is there , I'm using it
But you have to enable it , using a CSC features manager , like the one on the picture

Are you on Pie or already on Android 10....most likely the app is not ready for Android 10, always shutting down.....
1st November 2019, 11:47 PM |#5  
pvillasuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 666
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack

Are you on Pie or already on Android 10....most likely the app is not ready for Android 10, always shutting down.....

Still using Pie
3rd November 2019, 04:53 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I'm using one hand operation + with gesture to lock screen. It is samsung own software so that you can open phone with fingerprint
8th November 2019, 10:41 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
just to refresh my question......unfortunately the proposed CSC manager is not supported by Androis 10 and most likely will never get updated anymore... ...any other tool or way that I can get this feature activated.

or would it be helpfull to change region, as app-lock seems to be available in other regions.

Thx for your reply.
8th November 2019, 03:24 PM |#8  
pvillasuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 666
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjack

just to refresh my question......unfortunately the proposed CSC manager is not supported by Androis 10 and most likely will never get updated anymore... ...any other tool or way that I can get this feature activated.

or would it be helpfull to change region, as app-lock seems to be available in other regions.

Thx for your reply.

I'm no expert , but if you root your device , and the app is still (hidden and disabled) there . I don't see any problems for someone with skills or the "know how" to unhide it and make it available .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes