FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

auto rotate stopped working after downgrading android 10 back to Pie

232 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By za33ck, Senior Member on 14th January 2020, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
after downgrading back to android pie from one ui 2.0 android 10, my phone will not rotate in any apps, i have tried all the steps to correct this, clear cache, factory reset, install another firmware(older version)also when testing the acceleromator in settings using *#0*# , its not even detected, I cannot safely get back to android 9 without my phone working 100% and android 10 is missing alot of things I liked from 9, mostly the goodlock apps, can anyone suggest or help in any way, I have the unlocked version of the note 10 snapdragon USA, thanks
16th January 2020, 11:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 940

More
Years ago I had a Note that I fubar'd by flashing something I wasn't supposed to, and the GPS never worked right again. Your accelerometer *shouldn't* have been affected by reverting to Android 9, but if something is gonna go bad, it will happen when manually flashing firmware. Download the factory Android 9 image again, confirm MD5 hash and reflash it. If the accelerometer works, you're golden. If it doesn't, then you have three options:
1. Flash Android 10 and hope the accelerometer works. If it does, then leave it alone and learn to live with Android 10
2. Send it to Samsung for a warranty claim
3. Keep it and live with a broken accelerometer

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)