FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Should I dump my S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+?

1,685 posts
Thanks Meter: 436

By felloffthetruck, Senior Member on 11th August 2019, 10:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Still can't decide if I want to get rid of my S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+ 512GB.

Why there is no 1TB Note 10+ is beyond me.

What you think, dump the S10 for the Note or not?

11th August 2019, 11:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
It's a tuff decision, I'm in the same boat.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahenderson223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahenderson223 Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 05:24 AM |#3  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felloffthetruck

I don't have S10+, but I do have S10e. The only reason I pre-ordered Note 10 is for the S Pen. So if the pen is important, then Note 10 is the answer otherwise it would be waste of money
The Following User Says Thank You to Charkatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Charkatak Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 01:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felloffthetruck

If storage speed is something you would prefer over storage capacity then wait and see the benchmark results for the Note 10 before you decide I would say.

The S10+ uses UFS2.1 VS UFS3 for the Note 10+. I don't know if Samsung has gotten round to a 1Tb UFS3 storage unit yet hence no offering of a 1Tb unit.

Take a full look at each when it's out and reviews and benchmarks and then I say you can decide.

Personally I am reaching a point where I wish I went with the S range due to all the dam pre order gifts you get that the note range seems to be lacking lately.

The Pen is nice and on occasions I do use it but would I miss it I am not sure if I would. The S range might possibly get UFS3 next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to DKI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DKI Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 03:21 PM |#5  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,007

More
Easy choice.

Bigger screen
Bigger battery
Spen
Faster internal storage
Tiny single punchole
Much faster charging
Tiny bezels

If you need additional storage just get an sd card
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 04:22 PM |#6  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 906

More
I'm guessing that the 1TB S10+ didn't sell as well as Samsung had hoped, and not worth the expense to make it for the Note 10+. That being said, with the new media editing options on the Note 10/+, it does not make sense that they wouldn't want to include a 1Tb variant. (Maybe they will release it later, even in an exclusive color, and piss off all of the 512GB buyers, and even cause some to spend MORE money while still trading in their current Note 10+. and Samsung gets to resell those trade-ins for even more profit.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to AarSyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AarSyl Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 04:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Easy choice.

Bigger screen
Bigger battery
Spen
Faster internal storage
Tiny single punchole
Much faster charging
Tiny bezels

Exactly, it's down to this. If you're one of those who like the latest tech and can afford it why not? The 6.8 inch screen will be gorgeous.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micky 22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Micky 22 Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 06:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarSyl

I'm guessing that the 1TB S10+ didn't sell as well as Samsung had hoped, and not worth the expense to make it for the Note 10+. That being said, with the new media editing options on the Note 10/+, it does not make sense that they wouldn't want to include a 1Tb variant. (Maybe they will release it later, even in an exclusive color, and piss off all of the 512GB buyers, and even cause some to spend MORE money while still trading in their current Note 10+. and Samsung gets to resell those trade-ins for even more profit.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I'm thinking the same thing. 3 months from now Samsung will release a 1TB model and I would be stuck with the 512GB. This is what they did with the Note 9 colors. Blue & Purple were only available at launch, 3 months later the black finally came out.
12th August 2019, 06:14 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Easy choice.

Bigger screen
Bigger battery
Spen
Faster internal storage
Tiny single punchole
Much faster charging
Tiny bezels

You are 100% right. I still can't make up my mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to felloffthetruck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felloffthetruck Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 02:30 AM |#10  
Flag Westfield
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Easy choice.

Bigger screen
Bigger battery
Spen
Faster internal storage
Tiny single punchole
Much faster charging
Tiny bezels

This is all true. I pre-ordered and plan to sell or trade my Ceramic Black 1TB S10+.

However, do note you are losing these:

-No Ceramic Back, only standard glass
-No Headphone Jack (sucks if you have high end buds/headphones, going to have to buy MMCX to USB-C to alleviate)
-No Heart Rate/Stress?Blood Pressure sensor (I am actually upset use this a lot!)
-No Bixby button (HA! That was a joke!)
-Top speaker is not forward facing anymore, it is top-mounted
-No 2nd selfie-cam (I don't think anyone cares about this much)
-No 1TB option, 512GB has only one color choice
-Heavier, slightly thicker

In the end I pre-ordered a white 256 and black 512. I need to see if I can fit everything on a 256 and like the white, sick of always getting a black phone, unless it was ceramic..
14th August 2019, 06:44 PM |#11  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,007

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzebian

This is all true. I pre-ordered and plan to sell or trade my Ceramic Black 1TB S10+.

However, do note you are losing these:

-No Ceramic Back, only standard glass
-No Headphone Jack (sucks if you have high end buds/headphones, going to have to buy MMCX to USB-C to alleviate)
-No Heart Rate/Stress?Blood Pressure sensor (I am actually upset use this a lot!)
-No Bixby button (HA! That was a joke!)
-Top speaker is not forward facing anymore, it is top-mounted
-No 2nd selfie-cam (I don't think anyone cares about this much)
-No 1TB option, 512GB has only one color choice
-Heavier, slightly thicker

In the end I pre-ordered a white 256 and black 512. I need to see if I can fit everything on a 256 and like the white, sick of always getting a black phone, unless it was ceramic..

The top mounted speaker does face foward actually same as on the s10 plus.

I am pissed about the 512gb version only being offered in black but i will likely switch to an exynos version anyway since i want the newer chipset and it comes in aura glow and 512gb.

Ive never used the headphone jack on any device so for me doesnt matter but i find it ironic that they made fun of apple for ditching it and now they follow suit. Makes them look foolish.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)