FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flash T-Mobile firmware on Unlocked Note 10 plus version?

983 posts
Thanks Meter: 382

By gotojanoo, Senior Member on 29th August 2019, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th September 2019, 09:12 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkatak

On all my other phones: S8 and up and LG phones, I left the setting alone and to see how the system picks the best possible.
Also if you want to test the Chat feature, you can go to TMO store and ask any associate to text you, so you can test and see. I did the same thing with my co-worker after flashing TMO firmware on my S8, couple of years ago.

Nice, I switched it back. I'll stop by a store tonight, there is one not too far from my house.
12th September 2019, 10:05 PM |#102  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydman

Nice, I switched it back. I'll stop by a store tonight, there is one not too far from my house.

Great!
On one of your recent posts, you mentioned some other forums about flashing back to U1 firmware, then flashing the carrier one. This is true if:
- You bought unlocked U1(XAA) device and never put in the desired sim card. Then just flashed the phone with U firmware, but nothing pretty much will change after flashing. It didn't matter how many times you re-flash, it will be the same. In that case, you had to go back to U1 and in the welcome screen put the sim card in, see the message that carrier settings changed or updated...phone restarts. Then you would flash U firmware and all done
12th September 2019, 10:07 PM |#103  

More
Quote:

Great!
On one of your recent posts, you mentioned some other forums about flashing back to U1 firmware, then flashing the carrier one. This is true if:
- You bought unlocked U1(XAA) device and never put in the desired sim card. Then just flashed the phone with U firmware, but nothing pretty much will change after flashing. It didn't matter how many times you re-flash, it will be the same. In that case, you had to go back to U1 and in the welcome screen put the sim card in, see the message that carrier settings changed or updated...phone restarts. Then you would flash U firmware and all done

Ah okay. Nope. Ran my T-Mobile SIM for a week before flashing to the T-Mobile firmware. That is good info to have though. Glad I don't have to wipe again.
12th September 2019, 10:10 PM |#104  
Flag WA

More
Quote:

Ah okay. Nope. Ran my T-Mobile SIM for a week before flashing to the T-Mobile firmware. That is good info to have though. Glad I don't have to wipe again.

Right
1) Oh and for the signal issue at your place, you can try to set wifi calling to wifi preferred if you have reliable connecting. Just to see if it will make your life a bit easier.
2) Do you have LTE Discovery app installed? If not, get it and see the band your phone is connected to and you can even post screenshot
12th September 2019, 10:23 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1,117

More
So I just realized chat features are unavailable for Google messages. I know for a fact I had them yesterday. Wtf? BTW, I hate the Samsung messages app.
12th September 2019, 10:26 PM |#106  
Flag WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

So I just realized chat features are unavailable for Google messages. I know for a fact I had them yesterday. Wtf? BTW, I hate the Samsung messages app.

The google messages won't work properly unless google and/or carriers do something about it. I have to use Samsung messages as it works better with Galaxy Watch
12th September 2019, 10:37 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

Right
1) Oh and for the signal issue at your place, you can try to set wifi calling to wifi preferred if you have reliable connecting. Just to see if it will make your life a bit easier.
2) Do you have LTE Discovery app installed? If not, get it and see the band your phone is connected to and you can even post screenshot

Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-163554_LTE Discovery.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	4818794  
12th September 2019, 10:39 PM |#108  

More
Quote:

The google messages won't work properly unless google and/or carriers do something about it. I have to use Samsung messages as it works better with Galaxy Watch

The OCD in me does not like you can't archive messages like you can in Android Messages. Also not being able to share from Google Photos directly does suck.
12th September 2019, 10:43 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 1,117

More
This phone is a POS. Edge??? Wtf! I always get lte this location.

Goes for sale on swappa tonight. F this POS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-174102_SignalCheck Pro.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	4818800  
12th September 2019, 10:49 PM |#110  
Flag WA

More
Quote:

Screenshot attached.

Looks like you have Band 12, which is not bad, but of course that band isn't designed for distance. Monitor to see is there is another band your phone connects too. You do need wifi calling to be wifi preferred.
12th September 2019, 10:50 PM |#111  

More
Quote:

Looks like you have Band 12, which is not bad, but of course that band isn't designed for distance. Monitor to see is there is another band your phone connects too. You do need wifi calling to be wifi preferred.

I switched that to wifi preferred. I'll keep an eye on the band.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)