FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flash T-Mobile firmware on Unlocked Note 10 plus version?

983 posts
Thanks Meter: 382
 
By gotojanoo, Senior Member on 29th August 2019, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2019, 08:11 AM |#151  
Charkatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgardel

Hello, Can I flash Tmobile FW in a Verizon note 10? Its supposed to have band 71? Thanks

The unlocked XAA firmware should have band 71 enabled. I don't know the benefits of flashing TMB firmware to VZW phone, if you want, try it. I haven't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Charkatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Charkatak Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 10:11 AM |#152  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusion1222

UPDATE: found an answer from another thread. You need to Flash U1 rom with no carrier and then Flash carrier rom in order to flash between carriers.

Interesting, that's why I have no sprint bloat coming from the latest tmo fw. I've been running the latest ash4 spr build with September security patch the last week.
20th September 2019, 05:16 PM |#153  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,119
 
More
Trying to get my original unlocked model, that i flashed to tmo fw, back to unlocked FW. I flashed succesfully, but still showing tmo/tmo/xaa in sw info. Any thoughts??
21st September 2019, 09:00 AM |#154  
Charkatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

Trying to get my original unlocked model, that i flashed to tmo fw, back to unlocked FW. I flashed succesfully, but still showing tmo/tmo/xaa in sw info. Any thoughts??

T-Mobile just released software update with September patch.
Oh and that TMB/TMB/XAA will show regardless if you flashed firmware. Do you have T-Mobile sim in your phone? Unless you put a sim from another carrier. Basically you see XAA in all spots if the phone has never had sim in it or if the phone's firmware doesn't recognize the sim you inserted that is not included in the firmware(International sim...)
21st September 2019, 12:35 PM |#155  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What would you choose, S10+ / Note 10+ / Pixel 4 or Asus Rog Phone II ?
21st September 2019, 08:43 PM |#156  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkatak

T-Mobile just released software update with September patch.
Oh and that TMB/TMB/XAA will show regardless if you flashed firmware. Do you have T-Mobile sim in your phone? Unless you put a sim from another carrier. Basically you see XAA in all spots if the phone has never had sim in it or if the phone's firmware doesn't recognize the sim you inserted that is not included in the firmware(International sim...)

Thanks, I finally sold this POS. Samsung has a serious issue with signal. The antennas are not good because of the design. Back to my pixel 3a xl until the pixel 4 is released
21st September 2019, 09:25 PM |#157  
Charkatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook

Thanks, I finally sold this POS. Samsung has a serious issue with signal. The antennas are not good because of the design. Back to my pixel 3a xl until the pixel 4 is released

Should I say congrats...possibly. You did what was best at the time. I don't know if Pixel 4 would be a good phone, but I still have my Pixel 2
22nd September 2019, 04:10 PM |#158  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Note 10 plus
I have middle East one am n970f can I flash t mobile rom
22nd September 2019, 07:25 PM |#159  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkatak

T-Mobile just released software update with September patch.
Oh and that TMB/TMB/XAA will show regardless if you flashed firmware. Do you have T-Mobile sim in your phone? Unless you put a sim from another carrier. Basically you see XAA in all spots if the phone has never had sim in it or if the phone's firmware doesn't recognize the sim you inserted that is not included in the firmware(International sim...)

So you need a T-Mobile SIM in order to get the carrier firmware to apply? I have Mint Mobile (an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile Network) and I tried flashing the T-Mobile firmware as outlined in this thread using Odin and I didn't see the T-Mobile splash screen or any of the T-Mobile specific settings.

Also, according to T-Mobile support site WiFi calling is not supported on the Unlocked version of the Note 10+. It is only supported on the T-Mobile branded version. Even though I joined in Jan of 2012 I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't post the link to the T-Mobile support thread that states this. If you want the link PM me.
22nd September 2019, 11:57 PM |#160  
Charkatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no-blue-screen

So you need a T-Mobile SIM in order to get the carrier firmware to apply? I have Mint Mobile (an MVNO that uses the T-Mobile Network) and I tried flashing the T-Mobile firmware as outlined in this thread using Odin and I didn't see the T-Mobile splash screen or any of the T-Mobile specific settings.

Also, according to T-Mobile support site WiFi calling is not supported on the Unlocked version of the Note 10+. It is only supported on the T-Mobile branded version. Even though I joined in Jan of 2012 I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't post the link to the T-Mobile support thread that states this. If you want the link PM me.

WiFi calling is supported on unlocked Note10, so disregard T-Mobile page

I never had MVNO carrier's sim and the CSC code for that carrier could be something different. I think you provide screenshot and it was XGA or something. I always had T-Mobile, but if you would need that, then just go to T-Mobile store and ask any rep to just give you sim card so you could put into the phone.
I will start from easy and less time consuming:
1) So here is the things: You can try to flash your phone with T-Mobile firmware without having your sim in the phone. Then when phone reboots to welcome screen, you go to the store and ask for a sim(maybe dead sim will suffice). Put the sim in and you should see a message closer to the bottom something about carrier settings or updating something...the device will restart or ask you to restart. Once you do that, then you will be at welcome again, after 30 sec or so, remove the sim.
OR
2) If putting T-Mobile sim won't work properly meaning no TMB boot screen, no 4G LTE in the status bar and so on, then you would need to flash unlocked firmware back XAA, then put in the TMB sim at welcome screen and it will update carrier settings and restart device. Then you can flash TMB firmware after that.
You have Note10+? If yes the below info is correct.
You would need: SM-N975U and TMB as CSC - if you want T-Mobile firmware.
For unlocked: SM-N975U1 and XAA as CSC - to flash back to stock firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to Charkatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Charkatak Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 12:39 AM |#161  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkatak

WiFi calling is supported on unlocked Note10, so disregard T-Mobile page

I never had MVNO carrier's sim and the CSC code for that carrier could be something different. I think you provide screenshot and it was XGA or something. I always had T-Mobile, but if you would need that, then just go to T-Mobile store and ask any rep to just give you sim card so you could put into the phone.
I will start from easy and less time consuming:
1) So here is the things: You can try to flash your phone with T-Mobile firmware without having your sim in the phone. Then when phone reboots to welcome screen, you go to the store and ask for a sim(maybe dead sim will suffice). Put the sim in and you should see a message closer to the bottom something about carrier settings or updating something...the device will restart or ask you to restart. Once you do that, then you will be at welcome again, after 30 sec or so, remove the sim.
OR
2) If putting T-Mobile sim won't work properly meaning no TMB boot screen, no 4G LTE in the status bar and so on, then you would need to flash unlocked firmware back XAA, then put in the TMB sim at welcome screen and it will update carrier settings and restart device. Then you can flash TMB firmware after that.
You have Note10+? If yes the below info is correct.
You would need: SM-N975U and TMB as CSC - if you want T-Mobile firmware.
For unlocked: SM-N975U1 and XAA as CSC - to flash back to stock firmware

Thanks. I think I am just going to let it go. T-Mobile wants to sell me at $40 or $50 a month plan and said they can't give me a SIM without service. My wife brought home one of their PayGo sims that she paid $15 for as they no longer do Pay as you go with T-Mobile. Turns out the paygo is another MVNO called Ultra Mobile....went Mint Mobile is owned by Ultra Mobile and its the same interface with different branding

Anyway that was $15 down the drain. Mine shows XAA/XAA/XAA with the T Mobile firmware flashed to it. I think I am just going to leave it go for now. The WiFi calling does appear to work also with this firmware now as well since they updated it to the September 1st patch.

I am just really disappointed because I got all these features with my Pixel device out of the box with my NVNO and it's the T-Mobile network for crying out loud....so I should get all the same features as the T-Mobile branded device would. Anyway I am not going to invest any more time in this. Thank you for all your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes