FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

'Ghost' Touches at top of screen

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Meijin Judas, Junior Member on 30th November 2019, 03:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

There's this weird thing happening with my Note.

Initially I had just bought a thicker phone case and noticed that I wasn't able to swipe down for my notification menu, I'd have to kinda hold my finger right up beside the front camera hole until I saw the shade come down then I could pull. To fix this I turned on "swipe down" for the notification menu. That was fine with me for a few days, until about 2 days ago when the phone would start to just freeze up when using it and I had to lock the screen and then unlock or reboot the phone for it to work again.

I got really frustrated and last night wiped the device clean and re-installed the OS without pulling back the apps I already had on it, and the problem was still there.

I had the factory screen protector on it, I though maybe that could compromised so I pulled it off this morning and it still does it.

I can use the phone fine with the s-pen, so I turned on dev options and went in and turned on the setting to show where I touch on the screen. Because I wanted to see what was up. Once I switched it on, I noticed that from time to time there would be a whole trail of presses happening at the top bar of the phone and it would always kinda gather up at the top right side of the camera punch hole. Once that shows up, the notification bar pulls down by itself, sometimes all the way to the bottom of the screen or half way. But the whole screen stops responding, pulling the s-pen and pushing it back up works. I can use it with the pen but not my fingers and it is very frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone? Is this a in-home fix? Or Do I need a replacement?
1st December 2019, 11:30 AM |#2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,089

More
Hi its happening for me as well. with the latest pie update not android 10 beta

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meijin Judas

Hi All,

There's this weird thing happening with my Note.

Initially I had just bought a thicker phone case and noticed that I wasn't able to swipe down for my notification menu, I'd have to kinda hold my finger right up beside the front camera hole until I saw the shade come down then I could pull. To fix this I turned on "swipe down" for the notification menu. That was fine with me for a few days, until about 2 days ago when the phone would start to just freeze up when using it and I had to lock the screen and then unlock or reboot the phone for it to work again.

I got really frustrated and last night wiped the device clean and re-installed the OS without pulling back the apps I already had on it, and the problem was still there.

I had the factory screen protector on it, I though maybe that could compromised so I pulled it off this morning and it still does it.

I can use the phone fine with the s-pen, so I turned on dev options and went in and turned on the setting to show where I touch on the screen. Because I wanted to see what was up. Once I switched it on, I noticed that from time to time there would be a whole trail of presses happening at the top bar of the phone and it would always kinda gather up at the top right side of the camera punch hole. Once that shows up, the notification bar pulls down by itself, sometimes all the way to the bottom of the screen or half way. But the whole screen stops responding, pulling the s-pen and pushing it back up works. I can use it with the pen but not my fingers and it is very frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone? Is this a in-home fix? Or Do I need a replacement?

whats your build number ? android 9 or 10 ?
3rd December 2019, 03:44 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver

Hi its happening for me as well. with the latest pie update not android 10 beta

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

whats your build number ? android 9 or 10 ?

I don't quite remember my build number, but it was running Android 9. Unfortunately we don't really have a Samsung service center here in Jamaica (well we do have a samsung place but they'll tell you if you bought it elsewhere take it there) it's my company phone so I just sent it back to our supplier to have it repaired. They said roughly 2 weeks to get it back. We bought 2 at the same time, the other doesn't charge properly with the stock charger the person has to use a S8 charger to get quick charge (weird i know) In any event, the plan is that when I get it back I'll just put in a request for the Note 10+ and call it a day.
3rd December 2019, 05:38 PM |#4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,089

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meijin Judas

I don't quite remember my build number, but it was running Android 9. Unfortunately we don't really have a Samsung service center here in Jamaica (well we do have a samsung place but they'll tell you if you bought it elsewhere take it there) it's my company phone so I just sent it back to our supplier to have it repaired. They said roughly 2 weeks to get it back. We bought 2 at the same time, the other doesn't charge properly with the stock charger the person has to use a S8 charger to get quick charge (weird i know) In any event, the plan is that when I get it back I'll just put in a request for the Note 10+ and call it a day.

service centre agreed to change my display. i will get it in a week
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)