FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Issues Samsung scalable codec

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Crazylife4, Junior Member on 16th September 2019, 01:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
With the included akg n700ncm2 bt headphone any app that plays sound or music over bluetooth will stop any sound while the app continues to act like its not paused.

The sound/music will start playing 20-30 seconds later but it will play at 2x-5x normal speed untill it has caught up yo the apps position.

For context spotify music will cut at 0:05 in a song.
The app will keep playing with no audio untill 0:35 then the audio will suddenly come on starting at 0:05 and playing at 3x untill it has caught up to 0:35 as per the spotify app.

It appears to have something todo with samsungs scalable codec because if i set it to sbc in developer options the issue instantly goes away, but the quality is not as good.

I havnt heard of any one else with this issue and unsure if its the headset at fault or phone but any help would be appreciated!
6th October 2019, 04:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was in the same boat, just did a firmware update and it's working properly now. Hope it continues to work.

You can update from within the akg app
9th October 2019, 01:53 AM |#3  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Yeah I found the issue was the Samsung Scalable Codec too. Changing it to AAC in developer settings gives the best result.

I just installed the updated firmware and I am still getting some very small drop-outs, definitely not as bad as what we were dealing with before, but still not great. Switching to AAC codec still gives flawless audio.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)