FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10+ - Horrible signal strength

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By bawobogo, Junior Member on 22nd August 2019, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I received the Blue Note10+ from the Samsung preorder. (SM-N975U1). I'm using it on T-Mobile.

I'm having serious signal strength issues. My Note 8 is at 3 bars while the Note10+ has 0 or 1 bar while indoors. I usually have full 4 bars with the Note8 when I walk outside, but I rarely hit 3 bars with the Note 10+ wherever I'm at. I've never hit the full 4 bars yet with the Note 10+.

Is anyone having this issue? Any suggestions for a solution?

22nd August 2019, 02:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Bars alone don't tell the whole picture as each phone is calibrated differently. The only way to know for sure is running speed tests and comparing actual signal strength numbers in the settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guyinlaca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guyinlaca Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 04:29 PM |#3  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawobogo

I received the Blue Note10+ from the Samsung preorder. (SM-N975U1). I'm using it on T-Mobile.

I'm having serious signal strength issues. My Note 8 is at 3 bars while the Note10+ has 0 or 1 bar while indoors. I usually have full 4 bars with the Note8 when I walk outside, but I rarely hit 3 bars with the Note 10+ wherever I'm at. I've never hit the full 4 bars yet with the Note 10+.

Get the actual signal strength on each phone to compare...I have a TMO version of the S10+ and unlocked versions of the Note, the 10+ and a 9... the db strength measures the same on all phones, yet the TMO version shows additional bars... for example, at 99db to 104db, the tmo shows 3-4 bars, the unlocked 2...

Go to About phone, Status, sim card status to get the actual signal strength...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whelmar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift whelmar Ad-Free
22nd August 2019, 11:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Same. Pixel 3 works, Note 10 has zero bars and doesn't work. I assume it's not connecting to TMobile bands
22nd August 2019, 11:45 PM |#5  
I'm on Sprint, got the Note 10+ around 9:30 yesterday. No issues whatsoever.
22nd August 2019, 11:49 PM |#6  
Can you tell us the dbm compared to the pixel? I'm really curious if I should just flash the tmo firmware before I even bother to load it.
23rd August 2019, 12:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyan

Same. Pixel 3 works, Note 10 has zero bars and doesn't work. I assume it's not connecting to TMobile bands

You might need to update the PRL? Assuming it's a new phone. Have you contacted TMO?

EDIT: Seems like TMO is having issues.
23rd August 2019, 02:42 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdforme

Can you tell us the dbm compared to the pixel? I'm really curious if I should just flash the tmo firmware before I even bother to load it.

I am home now. Dbm here is the same and everything works. I was in the area that had signal problems and Pixel was probably using band 12 whereas Note just lost signal for good

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedwards

You might need to update the PRL? Assuming it's a new phone. Have you contacted TMO?

I am on Google Fi
23rd August 2019, 06:02 AM |#9  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
Flash the T-Mobile frimware on it
23rd August 2019, 06:48 AM |#10  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawobogo

Did you check for software update when you got your phone? When I received my unlocked Note 10 on the 21st, there was a new software update. Although the update didn't call out signal strength specifically, but you never know... After playing around with the device, I flashed it with T-Mobile firmware. I didn't have enough time to test cell signal, but haven't seen issues yesterday and today. The signal strength is on par with my Pixel 2 and S10e
23rd August 2019, 04:10 PM |#11  
Wichita Falls, Texas
Thanks Meter: 570

More
I've run speed test at the same exact spot with my Note 8, OnePlus 6T and Note 10+ and they're all just about the same, between 85-90Mbps DL.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)