FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 10 verizon sim unlocked?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kristid, Junior Member on 10th September 2019, 03:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please can anyone tell me if note 10 verizon is sim unlocked like all the other verizon phones?
10th September 2019, 04:28 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristid

Please can anyone tell me if note 10 verizon is sim unlocked like all the other verizon phones?

Yeah all verzion phones are unlocked
10th September 2019, 04:41 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzscncme

Yeah all verzion phones are unlocked

They are telling me that it is not. Have you tested it with another sim card?
10th September 2019, 05:46 AM |#4  
Flag Linden, NJ
Thanks Meter: 294

More
It's locked until you insert a valid, active Verizon SIM into it, and then it unlocks. This is Verizon trying to normalize and eventually skirt around the FCC unlock requirements.
10th September 2019, 06:53 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism

It's locked until you insert a valid, active Verizon SIM into it, and then it unlocks. This is Verizon trying to normalize and eventually skirt around the FCC unlock requirements.

Have you tested it with another sim?
11th September 2019, 05:52 AM |#6  
Flag Linden, NJ
Thanks Meter: 294

More
No, this is just how Verizon phones work now. I believe the active SIM has to be in around an hour or so.
11th September 2019, 11:50 AM |#7  
Flag texarkana

More
I beg to differ I have a Verizon note 10 and it had a active Verizon SIM card but when I insert my cricket SIM it registers for about 45 secs to a min. Then says something about this phone cant be on another network.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism

No, this is just how Verizon phones work now. I believe the active SIM has to be in around an hour or so.

Now I don't have any idea how long the active SIM was inserted, so I can't say you aren't correct sir.
11th September 2019, 08:15 PM |#8  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
They are locked for 60 days as per Verizon, I called them to inquire because I will be traveling internationally and wanted to know if I can use the device with another sim card locally purchased when I am traveling in the EU, they told me their phones are locked for the first 60 days, after that they are unlocked automatically. The policy is on their website too.

Yazen
22nd September 2019, 12:49 AM |#9  
South Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Definitely locked for 60 days on Verizon
5th November 2019, 05:25 PM |#10  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazenaswad

They are locked for 60 days as per Verizon, I called them to inquire because I will be traveling internationally and wanted to know if I can use the device with another sim card locally purchased when I am traveling in the EU, they told me their phones are locked for the first 60 days, after that they are unlocked automatically. The policy is on their website too.

Yazen

I called Verizon again just few days prior to my international travel, they agreed to unlock the phone for me! I received a text message that read "Verizon Msg: Once you put a non-verizon SIM car into this device, it'll be unlocked for use on other carrier networks". And when I landed in Austria, purchased a local SIM card, inserted into the phone, then received a message right away that read " Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon at (800)922-0204 or (888) 294-6804" So I called Verizon, they said the device is unlocked, passed me to the technical team, they said they see the device is unlocked and they were not sure what was going on.. Long story short, the device is still locked. I returned to the US, and been in contact with Verizon trying to figure out what was the issue, because I like my fully paid phone to be unlocked. Will update you once I hear back from them.

Y
7th November 2019, 12:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazenaswad

I called Verizon again just few days prior to my international travel, they agreed to unlock the phone for me! I received a text message that read "Verizon Msg: Once you put a non-verizon SIM car into this device, it'll be unlocked for use on other carrier networks". And when I landed in Austria, purchased a local SIM card, inserted into the phone, then received a message right away that read " Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon at (800)922-0204 or (888) 294-6804" So I called Verizon, they said the device is unlocked, passed me to the technical team, they said they see the device is unlocked and they were not sure what was going on.. Long story short, the device is still locked. I returned to the US, and been in contact with Verizon trying to figure out what was the issue, because I like my fully paid phone to be unlocked. Will update you once I hear back from them.

Y

I am having the exact same problem.They told me that the phone is unlocked but every time i insert a sim that contact Verizon notification pops up.Did you hear back from them?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)