Note 10 verizon sim unlocked?

Search This thread

kristid

Apr 14, 2015
Please can anyone tell me if note 10 verizon is sim unlocked like all the other verizon phones?

Kdintk

I beg to differ I have a Verizon note 10 and it had a active Verizon SIM card but when I insert my cricket SIM it registers for about 45 secs to a min. Then says something about this phone cant be on another network.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

No, this is just how Verizon phones work now. I believe the active SIM has to be in around an hour or so.
Now I don't have any idea how long the active SIM was inserted, so I can't say you aren't correct sir.

Yazenaswad

May 26, 2012
Columbia
They are locked for 60 days as per Verizon, I called them to inquire because I will be traveling internationally and wanted to know if I can use the device with another sim card locally purchased when I am traveling in the EU, they told me their phones are locked for the first 60 days, after that they are unlocked automatically. The policy is on their website too.

Yazen

Yazenaswad

May 26, 2012
Columbia
They are locked for 60 days as per Verizon, I called them to inquire because I will be traveling internationally and wanted to know if I can use the device with another sim card locally purchased when I am traveling in the EU, they told me their phones are locked for the first 60 days, after that they are unlocked automatically. The policy is on their website too.

Yazen

I called Verizon again just few days prior to my international travel, they agreed to unlock the phone for me! I received a text message that read "Verizon Msg: Once you put a non-verizon SIM car into this device, it'll be unlocked for use on other carrier networks". And when I landed in Austria, purchased a local SIM card, inserted into the phone, then received a message right away that read " Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon at (800)922-0204 or (888) 294-6804" So I called Verizon, they said the device is unlocked, passed me to the technical team, they said they see the device is unlocked and they were not sure what was going on.. Long story short, the device is still locked. I returned to the US, and been in contact with Verizon trying to figure out what was the issue, because I like my fully paid phone to be unlocked. Will update you once I hear back from them.

Y

Tarar

Aug 10, 2014
Islamabad
I called Verizon again just few days prior to my international travel, they agreed to unlock the phone for me! I received a text message that read "Verizon Msg: Once you put a non-verizon SIM car into this device, it'll be unlocked for use on other carrier networks". And when I landed in Austria, purchased a local SIM card, inserted into the phone, then received a message right away that read " Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon at (800)922-0204 or (888) 294-6804" So I called Verizon, they said the device is unlocked, passed me to the technical team, they said they see the device is unlocked and they were not sure what was going on.. Long story short, the device is still locked. I returned to the US, and been in contact with Verizon trying to figure out what was the issue, because I like my fully paid phone to be unlocked. Will update you once I hear back from them.

Y

I am having the exact same problem.They told me that the phone is unlocked but every time i insert a sim that contact Verizon notification pops up.Did you hear back from them?

Yazenaswad

May 26, 2012
Columbia
I am having the exact same problem.They told me that the phone is unlocked but every time i insert a sim that contact Verizon notification pops up.Did you hear back from them?

Yes, I finally go to speak to someone who knew what he was talking about. Initially when I called them, the tech person said she unlocked the phone, but when she refreshed my account, it shows it was locked again and she did not know what was going on.

Yesterday when I called them, this rep said, new phones are locked for 60 days, and even if we tried to unlocked them manually the system overrides the changes and reverts it back to locked, that's what was happening in my case earlier. He said the to wait for 60 days and try it out. It just passed 60 days for me since I had the phone activated with Verizon, so I tried it last night with T-Mobile SIM card and Austrian one, both worked well! So I guess waiting 60 days is the answer.

Yazen

WarVic

Apr 24, 2010
Yes, I finally go to speak to someone who knew what he was talking about. Initially when I called them, the tech person said she unlocked the phone, but when she refreshed my account, it shows it was locked again and she did not know what was going on.

Yesterday when I called them, this rep said, new phones are locked for 60 days, and even if we tried to unlocked them manually the system overrides the changes and reverts it back to locked, that's what was happening in my case earlier. He said the to wait for 60 days and try it out. It just passed 60 days for me since I had the phone activated with Verizon, so I tried it last night with T-Mobile SIM card and Austrian one, both worked well! So I guess waiting 60 days is the answer.

Yazen

I have the same lock issue. The problem is that I'm not the fist owner of the phone and there is no way I can track how many lock days left. The interesting thing about this Verizon lock is that when you insert non-Verizon SIM the phone is not locked straight away. It works as fully unlocked for about 5 min. I guess that it could run longer with no Internet connection. Certainly we need a hacker here :).

Yazenaswad

May 26, 2012
Columbia
I have the same lock issue. The problem is that I'm not the fist owner of the phone and there is no way I can track how many lock days left. The interesting thing about this Verizon lock is that when you insert non-Verizon SIM the phone is not locked straight away. It works as fully unlocked for about 5 min. I guess that it could run longer with no Internet connection. Certainly we need a hacker here :).

Verizon should be able to tell you when was it activated on their system. I'd give them a call and ask.

James.Markham0757

May 12, 2015
I beg to differ I have a Verizon note 10 and it had a active Verizon SIM card but when I insert my cricket SIM it registers for about 45 secs to a min. Then says something about this phone cant be on another network.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Now I don't have any idea how long the active SIM was inserted, so I can't say you aren't correct sir.

This was changed in July. The phone must remain active for 60days before unlocked to another Network.

Emu

Apr 5, 2013
Same issue here. Note10+5G. Day 64 still locked. Tech support can't figure out what is going on. SIM works excellent for the first 30 sec-1 min, then the lock launches and I'm locked out. It's clearly something Verizon screwed up. I've elevated the issue and filed an FCC complaint. I suggest everyone does so too so that we have a case against them since locking past 60 days is a breach of contract and against FCC regulations. They are obligated to reply and compensate for the damage done.

Reactions: Proverbs2 and Tarar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am on day 74 and been fighting with Verizon two weeks now to get unlocked. They are all clueless. Phone still locked. :(
    Same issue here. Note10+5G. Day 64 still locked. Tech support can't figure out what is going on. SIM works excellent for the first 30 sec-1 min, then the lock launches and I'm locked out. It's clearly something Verizon screwed up. I've elevated the issue and filed an FCC complaint. I suggest everyone does so too so that we have a case against them since locking past 60 days is a breach of contract and against FCC regulations. They are obligated to reply and compensate for the damage done.
    any updates on this unlocking? my 2 devices are past the 60 days and are still locked!