PreOrders Moving

Search This thread

jygsaw

Oct 15, 2009
Bay Area
are best buys getting them early? friday was going to be a scheduling conflict for me anyway.

I remember when the S9+ came out, they did get them early. But they refused to release the phone to til the official release day (their system wouldn't let them ring it up, even being already paid for). YMMV though, could've just been my best buy.

Seems like the Samsung Unlocked and carriers are in transit and Wednesday the 21st is the day. I looked on the FedEx app today after a few folks also began to report the tracking.

With all luck we will have two days on many people and that will justify for 17 seconds why I just spent $1200. Shortly after that I'll cry on the phone but it's ok because it's water resistant. Then six months from now I'll be bored and by a year I'll have convinced myself that the only viable option is to get another new phone because you know, it's the tech I use the most, etc etc...

So true. 10 months ago I was going to stick with the Note 9 for at least 18 months and then get a cheaper new or lightly used S10 or Note 10. My Note 9 charging cable doesn't attach firmly enough to charge with fast charging, so last week, I convinced myself that it would be better to spend $1200 on a Note 10+ than just take my Note 9 to an authorized repair facility to be repaired for free.

Sadly for me, I waited a whole 4 days to order because I was busy working so I am not getting my new phone until 2 weeks after the official release day (at least that's the current estimated arrival date). Not angry; it just sucks.

Anyone else order Unlocked from Samsung a few days after pre-orders opened? I can't figure out why it's delayed so long after only waiting a few days to order. I asked Samsung and all they were willing to say is that it's first come, first served.

Last edited:

lp894

Nov 26, 2007
I have the sprint variant and theres already an update. Apparently it cam out on the 19th of this month. Looks promising:

Build Number :*N975USQU1ASH4

Android version :*Pie(Android 9)

Release Date :*2019-08-19

Security patch level :*2019-08-01

· The performance of Fingerprint recognition has been improved
· The performance of Touch screen has been improved
· The stability of Camera has been improved.
· Camera picture quality has been improved.
· The security of your device has been improved

jygsaw

Oct 15, 2009
Bay Area
This is the pits. I have the unlocked note 10+, but Sprint can't activate it. Apparently Samsung hasn't handed over the unlocked IMEIs to them yet, so i'm SOL until that happens (whenever it does).

EDIT: Got someone on the Sprint subreddit to help me out last night. Good to go!

Last edited:

svtthis

Apr 21, 2013
I just ordered mine on Tues and it says September 10 as expected ship date. But the funny thing is one of the freebies I got from the 200 credit shipped already and will be here on friday

I just ordered mine on Tues and it says September 10 as expected ship date. But the funny thing is one of the freebies I got from the 200 credit shipped already and will be here on friday

Same here. I got one of the freebies 2 days ago but the phone is supposed to arrive September 4th. I only ordered 3 days after the pre-order opened. Last year I was about a week behind on ordering and I still got the phone a day before the release day. I wonder if they had more orders this year than last.

I don't know but nothing compares to last year's fiasco

I don't recall a fiasco last year. There was a problem with my order and I ended up not getting the order finalized until about a week or so after the pre-sale started and I still got the phone a day early. This year I ordered 3 days after the pre-sale started and my phone isn't supposed to arrive until 2 weeks after the official release day. For me this year is more of a fiasco but I guess everyone has their own personal experience that can vary widely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like the Samsung Unlocked and carriers are in transit and Wednesday the 21st is the day. I looked on the FedEx app today after a few folks also began to report the tracking.

With all luck we will have two days on many people and that will justify for 17 seconds why I just spent $1200. Shortly after that I'll cry on the phone but it's ok because it's water resistant. Then six months from now I'll be bored and by a year I'll have convinced myself that the only viable option is to get another new phone because you know, it's the tech I use the most, etc etc...
    Got my Power Bank shipping notice about 4 hours ago, just now got the shipping notice for the phone and ear buds.

Just a heads up, your name and address are listed on that. Don't know if you cared but just wanted to let you know. I got notification also that FedEx just picked something up from the same address in IN.
    No shipping info on mine ordered the 8th. I suspect they count how many times a day I refresh the page and then add an hour for each time.
    My Note 10+ seems to be taking an interesting journey. It left Indianapolis last night, arrived in Memphis this morning, then left Indianapolis again this afternoon?