Remove All Ads from XDA

Where is root?

3,235 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,073

By bober10113, Senior Member on 11th July 2019, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
where is groot?

ahem.

so in advance, I'd like to say that there is no root yet before people start asking.

still won't stop them but hey, I tried.

Also if there is root, then it's going to be for international models such as:

n980f /ds
n980n
n9800

North American models will not have root before a very long time: (regardless of carriers, its all the same hardware/limitations)

n980u
n980u1
n980w

they might never have a functional stock root exploit at all. (thus being described as the wrong phone for your rooting needs)

so again please dont ask about rooting( looking at you north Americans .... )

edit:

do yourselves and the rest of the xda community a favor and DONT BUY THE WRONG PHONE.

one might ask: "what's the wrong phone?"

the answer would be: its the one that isint going to be rootable for a very long time...(if ever).

so if you buy the wrong phone and wonder why no root then i dont know what to say anymore...apart from "you bought the wrong phone!"

for years and years now North American devices have locked bootloaders that render them crippled when it comes to rooting.... that's if they ever get root. So this is ongoing and just because the note 10 is a new device, this dosen't change the fact that it's bootloader locked and is NOT unlockable.

Please also for the love of god read up about a device that is carrier unlocked. this means what it means. its not tied to be used on a single carrier. In now way or sense does this mean the bootloader is unlockable.

now for the pipe dreams:

down the line( can be months and months or even a year or never), NA devices just might have an exploit workout for a bit. What this susualy means is that they either have a partial root or a full working root. Usually when a full root method is made available, you have to stay on a specific bootloader revision and never update the device again...or till the exploit is updated to match new firmware revision. this is often a cat and mouse situation and new security patches are likely to patch rhe exploit.so yeah.. talk about crippling a device.
so i wouldn't keep my hopes up if you plan in going all in on a N. american device and pray the android gods for root as it might never happen!( look at the note 9, there is a proof of concept/WIP but never has the stock note 9 firmware been rooted On NA devices yet ( we are about 1 month shy of a full year with absolutely 0 root) )

so again please dont come asking how to root your north american device when you start seeing the international version threads popping up about root guides, recoveries and roms.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free

12th July 2019, 12:55 AM |#2  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,988

More
Lol...i like it. Preemptive strike.

But yes the ignorant will ask anyway just like every single time a new device launches but now we can refer them to this thread
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 01:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Lol...i like it. Preemptive strike.

But yes the ignorant will ask anyway just like every single time a new device launches but now we can refer them to this thread

What's dissapointing is that ignorance dosent choose the individual nor the time of said affliction.

It's a man made convergance towards slouch and spoon feeding. but it IS a choice. A subconscious one or not, that we may not know but a reason to not dare venture and search for the truth is a guilt I do not share but sure hope more and more feel. Sometimes, new comers might find our words and ways harsh but harsh it what it is when asking other people to do the work for you.

annnnnnyways that said, we can expect the same questions for years to come.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free
16th July 2019, 12:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 696

More
Will T-Mobile version get root?..... I'll be the first hope this hurts
16th July 2019, 12:28 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock420

Will T-Mobile version get root?..... I'll be the first hope this hurts

please inform yourself on the devices that North American carriers resell. then your question will answer it self.

( simple retorical question can also lead to an answer....ie:
is my carrier a north American carrier?
once you have the answer go re read OP)
16th July 2019, 12:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 696

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bober10113

please inform yourself on the devices that North American carriers resell. then your question will answer it self.

( simple retorical question can also lead to an answer....ie:
is my carrier a north American carrier?
once you have the answer go re read OP)

Just jokes let's all breathe for a second lol
16th July 2019, 12:55 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlock420

Just jokes let's all breathe for a second lol

the problem is this isint a joke. people will actualy come and ask this very question.

they are the very same who complain why the forums arent split into carrier sections instead of SoC.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free
16th July 2019, 01:08 AM |#8  
Flag Gold RIver, CA
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Always love the "I couldn't be bothered to actually search or try to read the thread/OP/or even a few pages back so can you answer my question" responses. Some of the people on here have come up with marvelous (and entertaining) responses to them.
16th July 2019, 01:14 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsonRising

Always love the "I couldn't be bothered to actually search or try to read the thread/OP/or even a few pages back so can you answer my question" responses. Some of the people on here have come up with marvelous (and entertaining) responses to them.

and now we have the ammunition to confront them without the need to repeat ourselves endlessly.(well the url link to OP might get repeated alot down the line but efforts in writing words to them non readers wont...lol)

so i hope my OP can be referred to for years to come.
Today, 02:42 AM |#10  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 772

More
Yeah and also don't come here asking where the led notification has gone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)