FORUMS

Terrible fingerpring reader

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By naujoks, Senior Member on 19th December 2019, 05:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The fingerprint reader on my Note 10+ is terrible!
It often doesn't recognise 4 or 5 attempts in a row, then locking me out from further biometrical login and I have to use my PIN to get into my phone.
I was kind of expecting for this forum to be full of this problem. Is it only me then?
19th December 2019, 11:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 690

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naujoks

The fingerprint reader on my Note 10+ is terrible!
It often doesn't recognise 4 or 5 attempts in a row, then locking me out from further biometrical login and I have to use my PIN to get into my phone.
I was kind of expecting for this forum to be full of this problem. Is it only me then?

Update to Official Android 10 , and re-write your review after doing that !

Also look arround for threads regarding some tricks to get a "beter" fingerprint registration
20th December 2019, 08:11 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am on Android 10 already.
It already starts when registering a fingerprint. It constantly says "Press a little harder" when I'm already pressing my thumb right through the screen.
It got that bad after Samsung published the update after people found out their shitty fingerprint sensor can be fooled by having a screen protector on.
Since then, my fingerprint sensor has been pretty much all but useless.
The Following User Says Thank You to naujoks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naujoks Ad-Free
10th March 2020, 11:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Your not alone its crappy they should of kept it on the back
The Following User Says Thank You to magichoward For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magichoward Ad-Free
10th March 2020, 01:10 PM |#5  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 78

More
im very dissapointed with that fingerprint sensor on my predecessor p30 pro is it shame.. slow and inaccurate, maybe This is due to plastic foil but thats Thinnest foil What ever exists
10th March 2020, 09:33 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
It only works well if your fingers are little moisturized. Otherwise, it failed often
13th March 2020, 10:32 AM |#8  
Flag Walled lake
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magichoward

Your not alone its crappy they should of kept it on the back

Man honestly I wish they would have put the scanner in the power button like on th Huawei mate30 pro
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinythejuggalo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tinythejuggalo Ad-Free
27th April 2020, 06:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Yes it's rubbish. Worst fingerpront scanner on any phone I've owned. The poor scanner, dropped calls and scrolling issues stop this phone from being 10/10. All very big problems too. I would have kept my Note 8 and not bought this phone had I known.
6th May 2020, 04:38 AM |#10  
Cleveland area
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I just don't use it, lol. Actually I don't use any lock screen at all, not even swipe. I find them annoying. I hide all my stuff in Termux which the average user or theif wouldn't think to look, or even know what they are looking at, lol. I could always lock it or erase it remotely with a few clicks on Google. As long as it's turned on and connected to the internet.
7th May 2020, 09:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Try this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)