Unlocked Version on Sprint

Search This thread

jygsaw

Oct 15, 2009
Bay Area
The previous ones did, so I don't see why not. It supports Sprint's CDMA bands. That's the one I ordered. Pretty confident that it'll work.

ctasich

Jan 25, 2008
Nashville
I have an unlocked Note 8 that I use on Sprint. I actually loaded the Sprint firmware to get VoLTE as well. I plan to do the same with the Note 10+.

I have an unlocked Note 8 that I use on Sprint. I actually loaded the Sprint firmware to get VoLTE as well. I plan to do the same with the Note 10+.

Sprint firmware? I ordered the base Note 10 unlocked and got a Sprint sim card for it directly from Samsung using their Galaxy forever program. I can trade it every year and basically be paying 1/2 the cost of a new one. It will ship on 9/4. The Note 10+ is just way to big for my small hands. I'll keep my Note 9 as a backup, traded the Note 8, and the Note 9 will be used when I need higher specs. I do like the thinness of the base Note 10 as well. Looking forward to it.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Sprint firmware? I ordered the base Note 10 unlocked and got a Sprint sim card for it directly from Samsung using their Galaxy forever program. I can trade it every year and basically be paying 1/2 the cost of a new one. It will ship on 9/4. The Note 10+ is just way to big for my small hands. I'll keep my Note 9 as a backup, traded the Note 8, and the Note 9 will be used when I need higher specs. I do like the thinness of the base Note 10 as well. Looking forward to it.

I too ordered the Note 10 as + would be too big :) When you get your new phone and put in Sprint sim, check to see if you have anything missing, feature wise(WiFi calling, VoLTE). If you don't then you are fine, if you do, then flashing Sprint firmware is an alternative.

I too ordered the Note 10 as + would be too big :) When you get your new phone and put in Sprint sim, check to see if you have anything missing, feature wise(WiFi calling, VoLTE). If you don't then you are fine, if you do, then flashing Sprint firmware is an alternative.

Got the unlocked with a Sprint sim from Samsung
Wifi calling and VoLTE seem to be intact. But keeps saying WiFi calling app missing. Radio signal can be weak at times.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Got the unlocked with a Sprint sim from Samsung
Wifi calling and VoLTE seem to be intact. But keeps saying WiFi calling app missing. Radio signal can be weak at times.

Hmm, WiFi calling is built into the system, so there should not be an app needed here. Did you transfer your data, settings from your previous phone? Maybe that device had wifi calling app which got onto your new device and somehow conflicts with the current settings

Hmm, WiFi calling is built into the system, so there should not be an app needed here. Did you transfer your data, settings from your previous phone? Maybe that device had wifi calling app which got onto your new device and somehow conflicts with the current settings
Yes, initially restored from Samsung backup, then from smart switch. I just wanna make sure I have the best modem firmware. This is the first time in a long time I'm getting 1x or 3G signal where I always got 4G/LTE.

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Yes, initially restored from Samsung backup, then from smart switch. I just wanna make sure I have the best modem firmware. This is the first time in a long time I'm getting 1x or 3G signal where I always got 4G/LTE.

So you have Note10+ or the regular note10? You can flash it with SPR firmware, it is available on SamFirm

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
If I flash it, could I use any other carrier in the future? Would it be better to get OTA updates?

If you flash it to SPR, you would get OTA updates when Sprint pushes it and you will be able to re-flash it to original unlocked firmware or to another carrier. I have T-Mobile firmware on my Note10

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
So, reading the other threads, since I have the U1 model, do I flash tube U or U1 firmware?

U1 is what you have. You need U, if you want SPR firmware. Run SamFirm app on your PC and type in your model as: SM-N970U and for region put: SPR. See if Auto is selected and and on the right side see if Check crs32 and decrypt auto is selected hit check update

U1 is what you have. You need U, if you want SPR firmware. Run SamFirm app on your PC and type in your model as: SM-N970U and for region put: SPR. See if Auto is selected and hit check update and on the right side see if Check crs32 and decrypt auto is selected
I know this is a dumb question, but if I flash this will my phone still be unlocked?