FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wifi Calling with Unlocked Note 10+ (AT&T)

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By rysal, Junior Member on 27th August 2019, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm not sure if this is supported, I can't seem to get much help from AT&T, but I purchased an unlocked Note 10+ from Samsung. I do not have WiFi Calling which is a crucial feature since my office has terrible reception and I use the phone for work.

Is this something I should be able to get working with help from my carrier or is this ROM/build specific? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
28th August 2019, 12:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rysal

I'm not sure if this is supported, I can't seem to get much help from AT&T, but I purchased an unlocked Note 10+ from Samsung. I do not have WiFi Calling which is a crucial feature since my office has terrible reception and I use the phone for work.

Is this something I should be able to get working with help from my carrier or is this ROM/build specific? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Along with one or two pros, I found this to be one of the cons in using an unlocked phone with Verizon a couple of years ago, along with no notifications. I spent countless hours over several days on the phone with Samsung and Verizon before finding out this was a known (by Samsung) issue. I returned mine and got the Verizon branded one. Things may have changed since then, but it cured me of the unlocked version, especially since contracts have fallen by the wayside. If they can't resolve the WiFi calling, Samsung should allow you to return it. I hope someone else has a solution for you.
28th August 2019, 01:01 AM |#3  
Flag wichita
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Install the ATT rom using Odin
28th August 2019, 02:02 AM |#4  
Flag Fort Laudrdale
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foeshigity

Install the ATT rom using Odin

Glad I read first, I'm going through the same thing right now. Just downloaded the firmware from Sammobile about to try and see.
28th August 2019, 04:08 AM |#5  
Flag Fort Laudrdale

More
Quote:

I Tried flashing the AT&T firmware N975U1UEU1ASH4 from Sammobile and sill no wifi calling.
The Following User Says Thank You to TechGoon954 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechGoon954 Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 05:17 AM |#6  
Flag san antonio
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I am in the same boat. Just out of curiosity what does the service provider SW ver. look like? Mine shows ATT/ATT/XAA

Still no wifi calling or carrier specific options...it's kind of strange that these phones provision the features when you put a sim card in.

I called both At&t and Samsung who were equally less than helpful.

I am looking back to some of the S8+ forums about CSC swapping because I feel like that might be a starting place...
28th August 2019, 08:07 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGoon954

I Tried flashing the AT&T firmware N975U1UEU1ASH4 from Sammobile and sill no wifi calling.

You downloaded N975U1 unlocked rom, it was still rom for unlocked note 10 not AT&T or variant note 10. If you want full AT&T features like wifi calling, video calling..you should download and odin this firmware N975USQU1ASH4 which is AT&T Variant N975U. I am still on unlocked Galaxy note 9 N960U1 and I odin Verizon note 9 SM-N960U on my unlocked Galaxy note 9. The ROM works with every carrier anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyfate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luckyfate Ad-Free
28th August 2019, 03:35 PM |#8  
Flag Fort Laudrdale

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfate

You downloaded N975U1 unlocked rom, it was still rom for unlocked note 10 not AT&T or variant note 10. If you want full AT&T features like wifi calling, video calling..you should download and odin this firmware N975USQU1ASH4 which is AT&T Variant N975U. I am still on unlocked Galaxy note 9 N960U1 and I odin Verizon note 9 SM-N960U on my unlocked Galaxy note 9. The ROM works with every carrier anyway.

Okay , I got my WIFI calling . This is the correct one to download and flash......... DO NOT Download the one that says AT&T it's going to just flash the same N975U1. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT&T.PNG
Views:	444
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	4812257  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechGoon954 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechGoon954 Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 12:04 AM |#9  

More
I'm thinking about doing this. Will flashing the at&t firmware wipe the phone? Articles I've read says it doesn't. Is that correct?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Also can someone confirm the correct at&t firmware for the Note 10? Also use the USA(USC) version?
30th August 2019, 02:17 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGoon954

Okay , I got my WIFI calling . This is the correct one to download and flash......... DO NOT Download the one that says AT&T it's going to just flash the same N975U1. Good luck

Thank you! I was able to successfully flash with this ROM and now have the AT&T features I was missing!
The Following User Says Thank You to rysal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rysal Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 07:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
What about for the regular Note 10? Is it N970USQU1ASH4 for the unlocked AT&T version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)