FORUMS

WiFi & LTE Connection Issues

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By QuintonAjStevens, Junior Member on 26th February 2020, 06:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all!

My wife is running a T-Mobile Note 10+ and having major issues with the WiFi and mobile cell service. She constantly runs into her apps like Netflix and Plex saying she has no connection. She's complained of the WiFi being bad and having to disconnect from it, and then she can use LTE to watch shows, and then sometimes LTE stops working and connecting to WiFi fixes it.

Here's the thing. I finally was able to see it when it was having a fit on the WiFi. Going into the connection settings showed it was connected to our 5GHz WiFi at 7Mbps connection speed. Nothing was loading. This was on a 1300Mbps link. I disconnected from the WiFi and reconnected to it, without moving the phone's location, and voila! It reconnected at 300 something Mbps and everything started working. I believe it may be doing the same with LTE as it cuts out randomly and constantly. I saw it myself while we were driving somewhere and she couldn't load websites. My phone (OnePlus 7 Pro) is on T-Mobile as well and I have NEVER run into these issues. We are on the same provider / plan.

Her phone is fully updated and isn't rooted. I haven't touched it as a tech nerd so it's running as a total consumer as far as settings go (haven't played with APN or wireless radio or anything).

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Does anyone have any ideas to fix this?
29th February 2020, 05:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did you try a different wlan access point? Actually i am on the Note 10 with Exynos. Wlan and LTE are working nice for me.

Perhaps your problem is meanwhile solved through an update.
13th March 2020, 01:49 PM |#3  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same problem, mainly in LTe but sometimes also in Wifi
ANyone found a workaround ?[COLOR="Silver"]
19th March 2020, 12:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i've been having this issue constantly since the march security update. Didn't notice it before but it'll disconnect from my wifi, still recognise it but wont reconnect unless i restart my phone
24th March 2020, 09:39 PM |#5  
Flag GoiĆ¢nia
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Same here. Brazil SM-N975F.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)