Remove All Ads from XDA

Canadian Note 10 thread

11,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,007

By force70, Senior Member on 7th August 2019, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well guys like every year let me ask the question:

Who is pre ordering/ buying one lol?

I just went to preorder only to find out the only colour available in 512gb is black, which I hate so now I have to wait damnit.

Something interesting though is on Samsung.ca it lists the processor as 7nm which im hoping is the new exynos 9825. This would be awesome since we should be able to unlock the BL unlike the crappy snapdragons. I also chatted with Samsung online and the rep really didnt want to confirm it was but did eventually say yes she thinks it is. Of course their reps arent exactly tech savvy or have a great track record for accurate information so i take it with a grain of salt but it would be nice even though Ive seen a few websites say snapdragon 855 so who knows.

A trip to the Samsung store and a quick boot to download mode will confirm this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190807-172801_Chrome.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	4803120  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to force70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift force70 Ad-Free

7th August 2019, 11:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

I just went to preorder only to find out the only colour available in 512gb is black, which I hate so now I have to wait damnit.

Something interesting though is on Samsung.ca it lists the processor as 7nm which im hoping is the new exynos 9825. This would be awesome since we should be able to unlock the BL unlike the crappy snapdragons. I also chatted with Samsung online and the rep really didnt want to confirm it was but did eventually say yes she thinks it is. Of course their reps arent exactly tech savvy or have a great track record for accurate information so i take it with a grain of salt but it would be nice even though Ive seen a few websites say snapdragon 855 so who knows.

the reps only want to entertain pipe dreams so that you may dive into purchasing one.( but if it is true then that would be great!).

i am not planning to buy one yet. i want a laptop( a really really good one) and if a buy a note 10+ it has to have the BL unlockable. so that means usualy to buy international full price upfront.

but i am secretly rooting for the CDN carriers to have provisioned exy's.

if they didn't, it gives me more reason to hate their guts even more than trump and the bad exchange rate and duties between the US and Canada.

edit

so according to this:
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/qualcom...dragon_800/855

the 855 IS 7nm. so i wouldn't keep my hopes up.
The Following User Says Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 12:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
It's already been stated its 855 Snap
8th August 2019, 12:11 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bober10113

the reps only want to entertain pipe dreams so that you may dive into purchasing one.( but if it is true then that would be great!).

i am not planning to buy one yet. i want a laptop( a really really good one) and if a buy a note 10+ it has to have the BL unlockable. so that means usualy to buy international full price upfront.

if they didn't, it gives me more reason to hate their guts even more than trump and the bad exchange rate and duties between the US and Canada.

I just got a new laptop about 2 months ago so gave me enough time to save up enough to get a new Note 10 plus outright. I think my S10 plus 128gb was about the same as the 256gb Note 10 which is a little odd and the 512gb is only $1600...not going to complain.
8th August 2019, 12:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,259

Donate to Me
More
wow, the uk gets the 5G already for preorder.:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphon...76BZSABTU/buy/

fock north america.
The Following User Says Thank You to bober10113 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bober10113 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 02:22 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood

It's already been stated its 855 Snap

Not that I saw definitively anywhere other than today on some of the retailer websites. but i went to the samsung store and they did say snapdragon unfortunately. I will say this the Aura Glow looks absolutely sick in person way better than on video.

I.iterally looks like chrome.
8th August 2019, 02:32 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag toronto

More
Quote:

wow, the uk gets the 5G already for preorder.:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphon...76BZSABTU/buy/

fock north america.

Yeah and in aura glow and 512gb.

I tried to order it lol....UK shipping only. Pricks
8th August 2019, 02:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 851

More
Looks like Canada is getting Exynos ..... That will be perfect....

EDIT: Looks like both processors are 7nm
8th August 2019, 03:01 AM |#9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 785

More
Quote:

Ive seen a few websites say snapdragon 855 so who knows.

Best buy Canada lists it as SD 855+
Both the SD 855 and the new Exynos chip are built on 7nm architecture. Not sure why it would refer to one over the other tbh...

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190807-215658_Chrome.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	4803188  
8th August 2019, 03:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 851

More
SD 855 is also manufactured as 7nm

Also the samsung US website says is 7nm
Quote:

8th August 2019, 03:07 AM |#11  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 785

More
Quote:

edit

so according to this:
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/qualcom...dragon_800/855

the 855 IS 7nm. so i wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I pre ordered mine from Best buy but I'm with Telus and they're on a "Give you less for more" rampage with their new plans. It's freaking highway robbery. My monthly rate will go up by $50. So I'm not sure what I'll do.

Sent from my SM-G975W using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)